New Monitor Audio RS series?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I'm new to the forum. Having owned a pair of Monitor Audio's Silver RS1's and for the most part being satisfied with them, (barring some treble glare from time to time) I'm curious if anyone out there has heard of an upgrade to these fine speakers. The original Silver's were released in 02' and the Silver RS's in 05". Seems like it's time for an upgrade in 08'. Thanks.

Steve

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I also noticed the RS1 has some treble glare. I didn't expect this because the BR2 has perfect treble. Very strange.

A

Anonymous

The reason you have treble glare could be because they are not run in properly.You should not have any glare once you have used them for about 100 hours.They are slightly brighter than the bronze range though and have a more open extended treble than the bronzes. They have a slightly upfront treble but it should be far from glaring. According to the managers in a couple of hi fi shops in glasgow that sell mon audio,there are no plans at present to update the Rs range.The RS1 speakers are still very popular, still sell well and still compare extremely well with other speakers within the same price range.

A

Anonymous

By glare, I mean an edgy, bright sound at high volumes and yes, that could be related to the upfront sound. It could also be room acoustics, digital source or recording related. My experience with these fine speakers is that they are a tad more susceptible to this so match them with care. My previous source was Cambridge Audio. I replaced that with a Marantz SA-11S1 and that was a large improvement. I have since moved on to new speakers and while they are better all around, you can not do better than the RS1's for the bang for the buck factor. They are incredibly fast and lively speakers and produce bass that is extraordinary for their size. Just match them with the right components. Regards.

Steve

A

Anonymous

i think all mon audio speakers have a slightly bright forward sound ( although the bronze series slightly less so).You either love it or hate it.I have never found them to be edgy though, other than before they are run in properly, even with my cambridge amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts