New London Grammar Album

D

Deleted member 160668

Me too :) I got my pre-order from their site direct from a link someone on here posted. As I got in super early i'm getting a signed one! Awesome!

Also manged to buy tix for the live shows, so come October will be seeing them live. I see alot of live music but I have to say this is probably the gig I am most looking forward too. I watched the BBC set they did at the end of May and was literally hanging off her every word. Captivating voice.

Enjoy the album.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
A few tracks were already available on iTunes... They are pretty good. It's always difficult when a first album is so good. It'll need a few listens I think before judgement can be made....

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
A few tracks were already available on iTunes... They are pretty good. It's always difficult when a first album is so good. It'll need a few listens I think before judgement can be made....

Agreed. On first listen, for me, it lacks the stand out tracks of "If you wait" such as Waisting my young years and Strong.

Will give another listen later.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well worth the wait. Builds on the first album and is, if anything, even more beautiful. Cant wait to see them in Manchester in October.

Thankfully, SQ is superb. Deep, deep bass. Towards the end of the first track, on first hearing, I actually thought it was thundering outside!

And Oh! THAT voice!

Fairly mediocre reviews though. - Are these people deaf?

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Well worth the wait. Builds on the first album and is, if anything, even more beautiful. Cant wait to see them in Manchester in October. 

Thankfully, SQ is superb. Deep, deep bass. Towards the end of the first track, on first hearing, I actually thought it was thundering outside! 

And Oh! THAT voice!

Listened to it a few times now & it is excellent.
SQ is indeed amazing, don't think I've heard that much bass from my lttle B&Ws before and her voice is, as said by others, haunting

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
amormusic said:
Me too :) I got my pre-order from their site direct from a link someone on here posted. As I got in super early i'm getting a signed one! Awesome!

Also manged to buy tix for the live shows, so come October will be seeing them live. I see alot of live music but I have to say this is probably the gig I am most looking forward too. I watched the BBC set they did at the end of May and was literally hanging off her every word. Captivating voice.

Enjoy the album.

Just checked my copy of the LP and it too is signed! *good*

Sounds great on CD and looking forward to seeing how it sounds on Vinyl when I get my new TT.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
amormusic said:

Enjoy the album. 

Just checked my copy of the LP and it too is signed! *good*

Sounds great on CD and looking forward to seeing how it sounds on Vinyl when I get my new TT.
The same but with hiss and crackle? lol

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Listened to it a few times now and for me, it's definitely a darker album than the first, which appeals to my taste... Routing for you and the title track are superb, but the one track I'm not keen on is Non believer, a bit over produced for my liking.

Some good tracks on the deluxe version too.

Hannah Reid's vocals are second to none!

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't understand the fuss on here about the 1st album which I think is dull, didn't expect much with this but gave it a try and whew I absolutely love it - nice sound and what a voice

D

Deleted member 108165

Gaz37 said:
The same but with hiss and crackle? lol

Absolutely brilliant! Nearly spat a mouthful of tea all over my keyboard *biggrin*

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:

And Oh! THAT voice!

Really?

How does it sound for dynamic compression?

And is the echo machine used as much as the first album?

D

Deleted member 108165

Infiniteloop said:
Perhaps, but to many, nothing comes close to a properly set up Turntable.

Anyway, back on topic: Favourtie track so far is 'Hell to the Liars'.

Sublimely beautiful.

Re turntable agreed, I've got a couple of TT's and no CD comes close.

Off topic, good to see you back Infinite *good* How did the Donna Summer and Lara Fabian CDs go down with you? *biggrin*

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Infiniteloop said:

And Oh! THAT voice!

Really?

How does it sound for dynamic compression?

And is the echo machine used as much as the first album?

It's one of the most dynamic and beautiful sounding recordings I've got. It sounds different to the first Album in that it's simpler and more sophisticated. I think the songwriting is first-rate and Hannah's voice is incredibly beautiful. I've played the ripped CD on both my systems and have nothing to complain about on either, although the presentation is different.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
DougK said:
Infiniteloop said:

Sublimely beautiful.

Off topic, good to see you back Infinite *good* How did the Donna Summer and Lara Fabian CDs go down with you? *biggrin*

Thanks Doug K. It's actually good to be back. I gave it a rest for a while after I'd vowed never to return on here. I was getting some carp off a few of the usual suspects on here (they know who they are) over my description of a remote control unit, of all things. Anyway, what nobody knew at the time was that I was feeling pretty low after my best HiFi mate Mark died suddenly of a heart attack whilst out cycling. He was sixty. After that I'd had enough...

....But I missed some of the posters on here, so I'm back.

The Cd's are interesting. The Donna Summer for its energy and the other Lara Fabian disc for the high production values, especially around the vocals. The music itself is pleasant enough.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
DougK said:
Infiniteloop said:

Sublimely beautiful.

Off topic, good to see you back Infinite *good* How did the Donna Summer and Lara Fabian CDs go down with you? *biggrin*

Thanks Doug K. It's actually good to be back. I gave it a rest for a while after I'd vowed never to return on here. I was getting some carp off a few of the usual suspects on here (they know who they are) over my description of a remote control unit, of all things. Anyway, what nobody knew at the time was that I was feeling pretty low after my best HiFi mate Mark died suddenly of a heart attack whilst out cycling. He was sixty. After that I'd had enough...

The Cd's are interesting. The Donna Summer for its energy and the other Lara Fabian disc for the high production values, especially around the vocals. The music itself is pleasant enough.

Welcome back

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
DougK said:
Infiniteloop said:

Sublimely beautiful.

Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to add that the 'usual suspects' will be ignored.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
DougK said:
Infiniteloop said:

Sublimely beautiful.

Nice to see you back - sensible and mature posters always welcome!. Time for me to wind up spotify and give the new LG release a listen. I heard a track (single?) on the radio just recently and liked it - the vocals were v.good. I've been a little critical of LG before (a bit bland for me) - but given the positive comments maybe a revisit is in order..

cheers wiggy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts