New Interconnects?

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Anybody got any recommendations on interconnects and how much I should spend on them, between my Cyrus 6s and Arcam Delta90 amp?

Currently have audioquest quartz3 -Hyperlitz - triple balanced PPC copper, 1m long audio analog interconnects which I feel are doing a good job but are 12 years old. I have nothing newer to compare them to. Anybody had any experience with upgrading cables from old models and will the upgrade be of any benefit?

Clare has said I should consider trialing the Cyrus interconnects? Anybody out there agree, and if so, what are these priced at?

Messiah

Personally I use Merlin Cables throughout my system and have found them to be excellent. Try these. Award winners a while back and now at a great price. Customer service is top notch too!

Cyrus interconnects are £100 a metre I believe although given the current climate they may be dearer!

T

the record spot

Audioquest put together some excellent cable; I know Chord seem to be flavour of the month currently, but I had the Turquoise until about two years back which served me well. A little too warm though. Recently replaced the very similar Van den Hul "The Name" with Nordost Blue Heaven - wow! Big difference and a great cable, but too good for my needs - laid the midrange open on my SA7001-KI, but killed the ambience entirely. A higher end cable that needs careful matching. Might be a bit too much for your kit.

However, the good people at Audio Merchants in Glasgow came up with another Audioquest cable - the Copperhead for £60 (which they knocked a tenner off very kindly!). Suddenly, the music came back to life; bass weight, depth, soundstage, and I could connect with what was going on with all the 1's and 0's!

Can't recommend it enough - good VFM, good cable, but might be too similar to your current AQ. Plus it depends if you want to change the sound as well. I'd suggest if you can find a dealer who'll let you borrow a few and see how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Messiah:
Personally I use Merlin Cables throughout my system and have found them to be excellent. Try these. Award winners a while back and now at a great price. Customer service is top notch too!

Cyrus interconnects are £100 a metre I believe although given the current climate they may be dearer!

Ditto on the Merlin......use Make An Offer not Buy It Now. I got mine for 39 including post.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
A decent QED Silver Spiral works very well with Arcam i found; really opens up the soundstage.

IMO i wouldnt get in to spending more than £50-£70 though to be honest; get on eBay and see what offers you can find on the QED and Chord range...

A

Anonymous

I've never considered the Merlin range and I'm also on the hunt for a new interconnect. Between a CA 540A V2 and a DACMagic would you guys suggest the Merlin cable, Chord Crimson or Chord Cobra 3? Bar the Chord Crimson they are pretty much in the same price bracket.

TRENDING THREADS