New In-Ears. Shure or Klipsch

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've had a pair of Klipsch X10i for many years (which i used with a Fiio X5 2nd Gen player utilising mainly FLAC and Apple Lossless files) and have always been happy with their sound quality and the comfort of their fit. However, as with many Klipsch owners i am now having the problem of their frailty and unreliability in that where the cable connects to the earpiece is now damaged.

I've had a look around on the internet and initially thought about getting the Shure 425's, then changed my mind and thought about the 535's (for their improved bass - though i understand bass is still not the predominant feature of the 535), and was then tempted by the newer 535 SE for their supposed improved high end.

So my mind was made up, and then i saw the Klipsch X20i.

Now i don't know what to do. The X20i looks as though it has addressed the issue of it breaking too easily, and reviews are generally positive in terms of it's sound quality. Do i stick with Klipsch or try the Shures ? Or maybe something else - Grado GR10 ???

Klipsch are more expensive (though finding a UK seller at the moment is proving difficult) so are they worth the extra expense ?

Anyone on the forum have experience of these in-ears, particularly someone who may have used both, who could give their opinion ?

Thanks

Steve

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I would try the Earsonics SM3 V2. I own them and they are superb. A lush thick midrange which sounds great with guitar based music. They are also really comfortable too.

They can be had for about £275 new.

I find they sound better than Shure especially in the treble.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
rich51080 said:
I would try the Earsonics SM3 V2. I own them and they are superb. A lush thick midrange which sounds great with guitar based music. They are also really comfortable too.

They can be had for about £275 new.

I find they sound better than Shure especially in the treble.

Good advice!

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Is there a newer model available than the Earsonics SM3 V2, and if so have they improved ?

I've been on Earsonics website and no mention of the SM3 V2, also searched the web and struggling to find anywhere that i can buy these.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
425 and 215 noise isolating IE's and both have a replaceable lead as I was proper paranoid after damaging my old Sennheisers. The noise isolating models are very comfortable once properly in, and the Shure website is brilliant at helping you compare the sound signature of their range. As you say, the 425 are a bit bass shy but the detail is fantastic, and a bit of a twiddle on the EQ can offset this. The 215's are more bass leaning but nowhere near the 425's detail, horses for courses etc.

TRENDING THREADS