New house, new speakers? Usher be718 in big room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening all,

Ive always been very happy with my setup until moving house where the room is much larger.

Previous room was 3.5 x 5 with the speakers firing across the narrowest part of the room.

New room is 7.5 x 5.5 with speakers firing across the short dimensions again.

Problem is Im struggling to get any bass depth and I'm not sure if this is related to the size of the room or due to the sofa being set away from the wall, in the smaller room the sofa was backed onto the wall.

Setup is:

Usher be718 on usher stands

Usher p307 preamp

Usher r1.5 power amp

Rapport interconnects and speaker cables

Is it new speakers time to get more cabinet volume?? And if so any suggestions that would match nicely with the amp??

Only other difference I can think of is stripped floor boards instead of carpet....

Any comments welcome....

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd say your analysis could well be correct- less reflections off the back wall, less reflections generally, so less perceived bass. Removing the carpet may help a little, but not sure how much. I suppose it's possible to try it and revert to having wamer toes if it doesn't make a big difference

If you are happy with the sound I'd be inclined to go for a subwoofer, one of the ones with a high level input taken from the speaker terminals that integrate well with systems (assuming you fine tune them properly). Only reason for saying this is that it means you keep your preferred sound; if you need an excuse to buy something bigger don't let me stop you!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments, I should clarify that the old room had carpets and the new room doesn't. It's sounding a bit splashy so maybe I need more furniture or something to take the reflections out. Will try in a smaller room to make sure nothing has been damaged in transit.

The other option would be to *** over and get a pair of be10's!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts