New home cinema plans

So we have a verbal agreement for purchase of my new house. The lounge is a bit of a challenge, and I've decided on a corner set up this time.

That's the floor plan and the sitting room:

65755_WTH130124_FLP_00_0000_max_600x600.GIF

W16907SIT.jpg

I've already forgotten how the other corner looks, but I think I'll use that for my set up instead of where the TV is here.

So far, I've decided on the following AV equipment:

Speakers: Monitor Audio 6AV12

AV receiver: Yamaha RX-A3030

Blu ray player: Probably Oppo 103

TV: Depends on 2014 reviews and demo, but thinking of Samsung 55 or 65-inch HU8500 (depending on how much the corner can take).

Any suggestions?

Also, I'm looking for a good oak corner AV cabinet. Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
So we have a verbal agreement for purchase of my new house. The lounge is a bit of a challenge, and I've decided on a corner set up this time.

That's the floor plan and the sitting room:

65755_WTH130124_FLP_00_0000_max_600x600.GIF

W16907SIT.jpg

I've already forgotten how the other corner looks, but I think I'll use that for my set up instead of where the TV is here.

So far, I've decided on the following AV equipment:

Speakers: Monitor Audio 6AV12

AV receiver: Yamaha RX-A3030

Blu ray player: Probably Oppo 103

TV: Depends on 2014 reviews and demo, but thinking of Samsung 55 or 65-inch HU8500 (depending on how much the corner can take).

Any suggestions?

Will you have to buy an AV stand? Or will the TV mount in a corner setup? Will you be able to accommodate a 65 inch?

D

Deleted member 2457

I like your setup choice, it looks good. :clap:

gel said:
Will you have to buy an AV stand? Or will the TV mount in a corner setup?

bigboss said:

Will you be able to accommodate a 65 inch?

bigboss said:

D

Deleted member 2457

It reminds me of this guys setup:

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/cinema-room-evolves-from-pioneer-kuro-to-bigscreen-projection/16777

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BB, any chance of a drawn plan of where you think speakers and sofas will be? Without a picture in my head all I can think is will you really be happy with a corner setup.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Nice looking set-up, lovely looking pad!

Given the size of the lounge it has to be worth considering twin subs and x4 of the MA RXFX wallmounted surrounds for a 7.2 set-up?

Also, have a look at the anti-mode 8033 sub EQ units, brought one at the start of the week and only been running for a day or two so not had time for much of a listen yet, but early impressions are positive.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
BB. Would you not be tempted to have a less compromised system in Bedroom 5.

From the floor plans it's something I'd like to think about.

Im in the planning stage for an extension with a HC room. Whilst it will have to double as an emergency bedroom it'll probably be a nice boring rectangle.

BenLaw said:
Can I also ask what's made you choose that speaker package and where you would intend to put floorstanders?

I was impressed by the system when I demoed it last week. It doesn't need a grill as the drivers and tweeters are quite sturdy and kid proof.

The floor standers will be next to the TV in the corner. My other option is TV over the fireplace with a mount like this:

http://www.futureautomation.co.uk/Product/Details/EAD

In that case, the floorstanders will be on each side of the fireplace.

mr malarky said:
Nice looking set-up, lovely looking pad!

Given the size of the lounge it has to be worth considering twin subs and x4 of the MA RXFX wallmounted surrounds for a 7.2 set-up?

Also, have a look at the anti-mode 8033 sub EQ units, brought one at the start of the week and only been running for a day or two so not had time for much of a listen yet, but early impressions are positive.

Thanks! Will consider that. I've already got the AW12 sub which I can use.

richardw42 said:
BB. Would you not be tempted to have a less compromised system in Bedroom 5.

From the floor plans it's something I'd like to think about.

Im in the planning stage for an extension with a HC room. Whilst it will have to double as an emergency bedroom it'll probably be a nice boring rectangle.

Good tip! Never thought of that!!

Edit: Vetoed by my OH unfortunately as the living room is much larger than the dining room / bedroom 5.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
BenLaw said:
Can I also ask what's made you choose that speaker package and where you would intend to put floorstanders?

I was impressed by the system when I demoed it last week. It doesn't need a grill as the drivers and tweeters are quite sturdy and kid proof.

The floor standers will be next to the TV in the corner. My other option is TV over the fireplace with a mount like this:

http://www.futureautomation.co.uk/Product/Details/EAD

In that case, the floorstanders will be on each side of the fireplace.

Any chance of getting rid of the fire? Or getting rid of the partition and joining up the snug area?

Anthem is on the back of my mind! :)

The Yamaha is being discounted at various places, and I think I can get one for less than £1500 when the time comes to purchase in May. I don't think I'll get much discounts on the Anthem. The difference pays for the blu ray player and still have some cash left! I will demo the Anthem and see if it's worth the price difference.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
BenLaw said:
Any chance of getting rid of the fire? Or getting rid of the partition and joining up the snug area?

Impossible to get rid of the fireplace; my OH has already shot down the proposal.

How will joining up the snug area help? :?

I'm trying to think of ways that avoid a corner setup. Possibly a retracting TV where the main snug window is and sofa about where the partition is at the moment or slightly back into the living room. Would present good opportunities for rear presence speakers.

D

Deleted member 2457

BenLaw said:
gel said:
It reminds me of this guys setup:

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/cinema-room-evolves-from-pioneer-kuro-to-bigscreen-projection/16777

Why?

BB's setup always has reminded me of this guys because both of them had their setups done by Sevenoaks originally and both had Kuro's and Monitor Audio speakers. They also had similar installation work done. This guy upgraded his Monitor Audio speakers and now BB is doing the same thing. He also changed Blu-Ray players and BB is doing that too.

If BB had a Pioneer amp and Blu-Ray player then it would be freaky similar.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Very interesting to see your next project, BB! Looks like a very nice house - good luck with all the purchase/move!

do not have a feeling of your room obviously, but the corner placement does seem to make it less than straightforward!

If you use the dropdown mount over the fireplace, where does the centre speaker go?

Have you considered a dropdown screen with a (smaller) TV and c speeker behid the screen?

Have you considered in-wall or in-ceiling speakers? May give you some WAF credits you can trade for other thigs ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts