New Home Cinema Insalation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Being brand new and very green in this area I would like some opinios of a home cinema system I have installed.

Amp; NADT785, Speakers: front left & right and centre, Speakercraft aim5 in wall, rears Speakercraft in cieling aim wide 5. Sub; B&W PV1 and I've gone for the new slim PS3 as the blue ray player. Samsung Crystal 63 inch 1080p as the screen.

Do I need a better blue ray? Should I be using certain makes of calbes?

Any comments would be appriciated.

Cheers

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi There

I use the ps3 slim as my bluray player & find it a really good player with all the decoding & capabilities of far more expensive stand alone players. You will however get suggestions that a stand alone player will be that bit better - how much 'better' i would not know, someone who has both or has made comparisons may offer a more definitive answer. On a whole, with it plugged into my yam amp & then into my panny 42G10, i personally can not fault it.

As for price aswell, what bluray player goes onto the internet etc, streams media from your pc & plays HD games....????!??!!!?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Along with 3 other guys here, I went from a PS3 to a dedicated Bluray player myself (not a particularly expensive one at the time), I can confirm that a dedicated player looks better. The PS3 seemed to produce 'noise', which to most people would look like grain. Dedicated players look much cleaner, although may be a little slower to load up.

A

Anonymous

Thanks

I think i'll stick with the PS3, I aint seen or heard it yet as it has been installed while I've been working away

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Along with 3 other guys here, I went from a PS3 to a dedicated Bluray player myself (not a particularly expensive one at the time), I can confirm that a dedicated player looks better. The PS3 seemed to produce 'noise', which to most people would look like grain. Dedicated players look much cleaner, although may be a little slower to load up.

Hi, just out of intrest was that a ps3 'phat' version or the newer ps3 that you found this issue? I'm just curious because i'm very happy with the quality of picture, unless its just me!!!!!

A

Anonymous

I have never heard or seen the amps and speakers you have had installed (apart from the sub which is a great sub). Was there a particular reason you went for in-wall/ceiling speakers? I must admit they probably look nice and are unobtrusive but I'm guessing that's quite a powerful expensive amp which would be capable of driving much better speakers. I could be wrong. Can't comment on the samsung 63" TV. Again never seen one. But again I imagine it wasn't cheap and Samsung don't seem to make bad TV's so I imagine it will be a good one.

Must admit if i had spent the amount of money I am assuming you have spent, I personally would get a better blu-ray player (keep the ps3 for games). The award winning sony 760 can be had for some good prices if you shop around.

As for cables, I am assuming you only have the shop supplied ones. Big area of contention here but throw away anything that came free with the kit and aim to spend about 10% of your purchase price on good quality cables. They do make a difference.

A

Anonymous

Thats great thanks.

Yeah the speakers do look nice and app they pretty good too. http://www.speakercraft.com/#Products:402:AIM Cinema Five I havn't heard or seen any of it yet as its all been installed while i've been working away. I wanted The sony amp that whathifi rave about. the £1400 one but the AV guy doing my installation was a bit dubious I think he may have been looking down his nose because it was Sony. It sounded great to me. Its prob better than the NAD T785 that I've gone for lol

The reason I went for the in wall speakers was becuase I've had a multiroom system installed also which consists of speakers in the ceilings through out the house. You can watch sky in one room, a dvd in another listen to your Ipod in another that all from the same system. All your hardware is in a cupboard out of the way somewhere and you have a small 2.5 inch LCD screen on the wall next to the tv for changing channel etc. I can control it all from my Iphone. So no sky boxes or games consoles in any rooms. The system was from speakercraft. I looked at their home cinema stuff aswell and it sounded great. wheather it is or not i will have to wait and see.

I think I'll wait and see the PS3 in action and make up my mind then.

As forthe cables I defo need to look at then then after your advice.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

andrewmcavoy2@googlemail.com:

As forthe cables I defo need to look at then then after your advice.

Just check with your supplier first. They may have already supplied you with decent cables. All I was trying to say was the cables that come with the kit as standard (amp, speakers, etc) are usually throw away freebie stuff. If you have had something professionally installed then I would hope they will have upgraded the cables for you. Best to check though.

A

Anonymous

hi

I just changed from a denon2500bt to the new ps3. the picture isnt as good but the difference is minimal. I also no longer have the long load times as the ps3 is super quick. i wont be going back to a dedicated player until they are as fast as the ps3

Barry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts