New floorstanders and possibly amp

I've just moved house and now have space for a dedicated listening room (30 Sqm). Currently I have a Sony STR-DB900 S- Master Digital Amplifier (QS receiver with onboard DAC and digital amplification delivering 120w per channel) powering a KEF 2005 sub sat arrangement which is now only used for stereo listening.

Prior to this I had a Marantz KI6000 (if I remember correctly) and B&W CDM2 SE's.

Originally I tried replacing the sats with B&W CM1's and keeping the sub but the pairing didn't work. The CM1's were clearly too small for the room. So now I'm considering some floor standards around £500 -£600 mark. I primarily listen to electronic / chill out and piano music from either Spotify or via AirPlay. I do like a deep, open sound where there is reasonable bass even at low volumes. I am also prepared to consider a new amp although not many seem to have have the streaming features unless going for an AV receiver.

Unfortunately the town in stay near has only one hifi shop so auditioning many of my preferred choices isn't possible. I'm looking at Q acoustic 3050, Dali Zensor 5 or 7, Focal 726, Wharfdale 240

any thoughts folks?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts