new floor standers!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, im jimm, ive been a reader of what hi-fi since 1999 and have had various seperates over the years, My most recent syestem is a musical fidelity x-ray cd player, xa1 amp and b+w cm'2 speakers. Ive just put the cm'2s into my local hi-fi dealers for sale at 250 pound's and iv'e had to dig out my old kef q35's to fill in. Im in the market for some floor standers that will give me greater scale and more punch without loseing clarity of the b+w's. Moniter audio's rs6's spring to mind or even the new kef iq5se's. Would either of these speakers be good enough? it's quite clear my old kef's are a poor second to my cm2's. Help!

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
I've just upgraded my KEF Q35's with Monitor Audio RS6's and I'm very happy with my choice (and they're not even run in yet !!!)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jimm"]
Hi, im jimm, ive been a reader of what hi-fi since 1999 and have had various seperates over the years, My most recent syestem is a musical fidelity x-ray cd player, xa1 amp and b+w cm'2 speakers. Ive just put the cm'2s into my local hi-fi dealers for sale at 250 pound's and iv'e had to dig out my old kef q35's to fill in. Im in the market for some floor standers that will give me greater scale and more punch without loseing clarity of the b+w's. Moniter audio's rs6's spring to mind or even the new kef iq5se's. Would either of these speakers be good enough? it's quite clear my old kef's are a poor second to my cm2's. Help!
[/quote]

Why dont you try the B&W 683's or the B&W 684's?

Theyre very good floorstanders and if you dont want to lose the quality of your previous B&W speakers, then go down that route.

My girlfriend has B&W CM7 speakers with her Cyrus 8 amp and CD player and they sound amazing,. Even more so now they've run in properly.

Whats your budget and what music do you listen to?

A

Anonymous

The new B&W sound really really good, well worth a listen, plus the Revolver RW45 a superb floorstander, lots of scale and power and very easy to drive.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice mate, i quite like the look of the revolvers. Im gonna have a good look around though, lots to choose from. cheers!

A

Anonymous

I mainly listen to rock, pop and a the odd bit of swing, My budget is only 600 pounds so i need to get the best for my buck, the B+WS are worth a look, i will investigate, cheers for your advice..

A

Anonymous

Hi huddo, im really keen on the rs6s so i have to ask is there a big improvement on the kefs? Do they sound as good as they look?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts