New Dynaudio Xeo

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi John,

Yes, tricky to incorporate an aesthically pleasing control panel, but my cables are not too pretty either.

Despite streaming avaiable in both systems, other than internet radio I am a bit of a luddite and still prefer silver discs as my music source. However, if Apple finally pull the rabbit out of the hat with HiRes itunes/DR beats streaming service I can envisage a wire-free, box free HiFi future. I guess a "premium" version of iTunes Match with an HD version of your ripped CD collection available in iCloud would be too much to wish for. A Xeo hub connected to iMac/ATV with Remote app for controll.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I heard a pair of the outgoing Xeo 5 model the other week and thought they sounded quite good, but the possible lack of futureproofing by being limited to 16/48 and the limited number of source inputs put me off. I wondered at the time if a revised range would appear later this year.

Cosmetically, the move to what looks like magnetically attatched grilles has tidied up the front, which was another issue I had with the outgoing models.

There's also a new remote handset and the gloss finish option seems to have been dropped, leaving only the satin finish (Black or White as before).

Before considering these new models I'd like some clarification about these two statements from the brochure....

"16 bit/48 khz, accepts up to 24 bit/96 khz"

"All digital inputs are HD ready and support up to 24 bit/96 kHz, so you can play your hi-res audio files."

?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Excellent.

I personally think the "thingy" is small enough to be irrelevant.

And the "accepting" 24/96 and playing 16/48 too.

Great as I have a number of HD tracks

irrelevant as nobody can tell the difference when downsampled.

Glad to see more of such speakers. A future upgrade if they go a little upmarket in a future release. :)

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I heard the old Xeo's today. Not so impressed, slightly disappointed to be honest. I had expected more clarity and clearer imaging. Imo pmc is more natural.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Not heard them myself, or any other actives other than Meridians that were the price of a family hatchback. From experience of my "budget" Dyns, the MSP drivers need upwards of 100 hours running in, which is worth bearing in mind when auditioning. The concept of a digital signal right upto the amp's output transistors might well be better in theory than practice, only ears will tell.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I like the thingy.

0912phr_23_o%2B20_affordable_project_cars%2Bdodge_challenger.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts