new dvd player

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
hi all. i,m in need af a new dvd player as my old does not match in colour with the rest of my kit (black) but i,m not sure what would be the best in my price range (upto 500 qiud if needed) opinions welcome

cheers

A

Anonymous

audioidiot1:
hi all. i,m in need af a new dvd player opinions welcome

cheers

Did not think they still sold dvd players
emotion-1.gif
, why not get an amazing blu-ray with upscale, far better than any dvd player.

Sorry posted as you did, why buy a 500.00 dvd player which is more expensive than your amp and speakers combined?

A

Anonymous

audioidiot1:onkyo 577,tannoy sfx, sammy blu ray,sammy 40a656

I see from your kit list that you already have a samsung Blu ray player, do you not use this to play DVDs?

But if you want something newer that may be a better upscaler, the Sony BDPS760 at £320ish would be an excellent choice, if you just want a DVD player the new Toshiba XD E600 would be the best round at about £100.00.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

It sounds like what you might be thinking is that a resonably expensive DVD player might well upscale better than a BD player? So you're looking to ge the best quality by having a dedicated DVD player?

I've wondered the same thing, even though I haven't gone BlueRay as yet. Looking around at reviews and comments I haven't been able to get any clear direction on whether players like the DV7001 are better than similarly priced BD players at DVD upscaling, or whether the XDE500 / 600 can outdo the more expensive BD and DVD players.

I have seen posts saying the PS3 upscaling outdid the DV7001 / Denon 3930, so I'm thinking that maybe the newer BD players will be a better bet.

When replacing my Marantz DVD player which was well repsected in its time, (DV4001 OSE), I got an XDE500, which I've been very pleased with so far. I thought it didn't cost much if replaced by a future BD player for DVDs. And if it proves better than a future BD player, then I'd probably start loking to see if a more expensive DVd only player would be even better, and they should be cheaper then, (if still available).

I'd really like to see some direct DVd playback comparisons between the high price DVD upscalers, the XDE 500 / 600, and the current BD players though.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
My Toshiba XDE-500 performs way better than my PS3 at upscaling dvds, so the 600 should be even better, how it compares to the Sony 760 i don't know. But if i was in the market now i would wait until new blu-ray players coming soon this year and go for one of them. I take it your Sammy blu-ray player isn't very good at upscaling, then look at the Toshiba DVD player or Oppo's-83 blu-ray player at around £500.00, if you fancy upgrading both at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts