New Denon Blu-ray players - DBP-2010, DBP-1610

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
News here on the £600 Denon DBP-2010, which is due in shops from the end of July 2009. I've just got some extra background of what fits where in the Denon BD player range, so from the entry-level up, here's the gen:

NEW! Denon DBP-1610 - entry-level player: replaces DVD-1800BD, expected to cost £499 when released @ September.

NEW! Denon DBP-2010 - as detailed in the news story, a new £600 player due in shops from end of July. Said to feature lots of trickle-down technology from the Award-winning DVD-2500BT transport....

Denon DVD-2500BT - the superb BD transport carries on until the end of this year. No news yet of any successor transport.

Denon DVD-3800BD – the high-end player continues on into next year; development on a higher-spec successor has begun, but no news on if/when that'll hit UK

Denon DVD-A1UD - the flagship universal BD player carries on and is not due for replacement.

We've put in our pitch for review samples, and should hopefully bring you the first tests of full production models of these players from late-July onwards...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep - ages ago! In fact I believe there've been a couple of firmware updates since. Jase Fox was discussing the very same in a recent thread....

A

Anonymous

hmmmmm same price point as the Oppo and Pioneer LX52, choices, choices

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's certainly going to make Awards judging tough this summer
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Excellent News Clare - any news about the price of the Denon DVD2500BT? I am thinking about purchasing one today for £549 Brand New - I shall create a post in the Hot Deals section of the forums for interested people.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've long since lost track of the 'official' price of the DVD2500BT, what with all the price rises/special offers! But it's routinely available for under £700. That £549 deal is a sweet one, though...

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Hispek.co.uk selling the denon dvd2500bt for £499.99 if you are about to buy one.

A

Anonymous

Thx for your help guys - unfortunately I need one in Premium Silver - that was the cheapest price I could find one for in that colour option - just booked it now - Its only available in store though. It leaves me with a nice upgrade path for my AV amp from the 4308 to the AV1HD (or whatever confusing model number it is
emotion-2.gif
- which will be in Premium Silver too)

Frank just spoke with your store - very helpful with some useful advice as well. I almost changed my mind and thought about purchasing the reference Pioneer for which you have an excellent deal on right now - however unfortunately that it out of my budget.

Thx

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
JohnNewman:Hey Claire,

Did Denon ever produce an updated firmware to the Denon DVD-2500BT to fix the compatability issues it was having with some discs?

ThanksHi John,

Like Clare also says, yes they have, it was version 1.118 that i installed back in January which was successful as it corrected the said issues & its been working like a dream ever since.

Theres also a new firmware currently out version 1.119 which is mainly to correct some freezing issues with some of the bond movies, i havnt installed it yet as i only like to when i encounter a problem.

So if you can find one of these players for a good price id snap it up as most people know by now "i love it!

elnoni5

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
was considering getting the dbp1610. however, iïve just seen the 2500bt new for 325euros. which do you think would be the best option? i donït really use bdlive features but donït want to regret not buying a ïfuture proofï internet ready player just in case bdlive really takes off!! however, picture and sound are the most important features to me. what do you think?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts