Cyrus Pre XP d

Cyrus CD 6 SE

2 Cyrus 8 Power

B&W 684 speaker

Chord Epic speaker cable for bass/midrange

QED Speaker Cables X-Tube 350 for tweeter

Chord Chorus 2 audio interconnect from CD Player to Pre Amp

Nordost Blue Heaven interconnect from Pre Amp to Power Amp

Hi, I'm new here and currently have the above setup that recommend by my local dealer and some cables was given by my brother.

Is the above matching right. I listen to all type music.

Please advice if anything that need to be upgrade and not right.

Thanks!!

T

the record spot

Must admit, I never quite understand these questions/posts. Does it sound good to you? Yes? No? What sound do you like to hear? Does your set up deliver that? Yes, no again...if it does, leave it be, if it doesn't, that's when to start asking the questions! Otherwise, sit back and enjoy and stop worrying about the upgraditis bug - you don't want to catch it!

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Me neither. Then again, the OP has just spent several thousand pounds on a set up "recommended by a dealer" and is now worried if it matches? If the dealer's advice was good enough for the purchase (and we all know this is not entry level Cyrus stuff), then why not just get on with listening to it.

The question itself implies you don't actually know what a well- or poorly-matched system would sound like. So the above advice holds - just listen, do you personally like it or not? What kind of system did you have before and how does it sound by comparison? If you have to ask about system-matching, perhaps better to start out by not spending £3k+...? Or at least ask the question before getting your credit card out.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
datay:Me neither. Then again, the OP has just spent several thousand pounds on a set up "recommended by a dealer" and is now worried if it matches?

More to the point, why didn't they audition it BEFORE spending thousands of pounds on the system...?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
It's spelled newcomer, but I guess that isn't the advice you're looking fror
emotion-5.gif

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:datay:
Me neither. Then again, the OP has just spent several thousand pounds on a set up "recommended by a dealer" and is now worried if it matches?

More to the point, why didn't they audition it BEFORE spending thousands of pounds on the system...?

As he was at a dealer's I thought he might at least have been given a listen...perhaps not, and if not, what a great customer for that particular dealer...job done. (I can't believe that someone could just walk in to a shop and leave with a pre-power system using two powers yet know nothing about this hobby?)

Anyway, the advice is clear: listen to the system you've bought, it is likely to sound fairly amazing no matter what, and the differences that cables or system matching make can't mean that much to you, otherwise you'd have taken it into consideration.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts