new cd player help

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

im looking for a good cd player to go with my nad c320bee amp and monitor audio RS1 speakers , as my nad 521bee player is starting to not read cd's , and ive tryed to fix it with no luck.

anyway ive had my sights set on a arcam diva cd73 but i cant seem to find a place on the net now that is selling it, i heard it was a good player and would work well with the rest of my setup.

Has anyone got any other good choices that would work well with my c320bee and rs1's.

thanks for the help

edit* is the arcam diva cd192 a bit over kill with the nad 320bee as it can be had for £399 now?

A

Anonymous

http://www.moorgateacoustics.co.uk/index.php?product_id=714064&option=Prod_detail&image_id=364701

Arcam CD73 for £239. There are also reputable sellers on eBay, for example, Lintone Audio.

I think the CD192 would be overkill, unless you want to upgrade?

A

Anonymous

You could do worse than to audition the NAD C515
emotion-2.gif

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi again

well i like the look of the arcam cd192 , and i suppose an upgrade would be the best option if im getting a new cd player but would the cd192 be ok with my nad 320bee and rs1 speakers?

cheers

A

Anonymous

Yes it will in the sense that any device with a line out will work. Surely the question is will you actually be able to derive any auditory benefit if you plug it into your existing system?

If I had the money to upgrade I'd get an amp of sufficient power and quality first - one that would in all likelyhood be good enough for the next 2 or 3 rounds of upgrading. Next I'd get better speakers (following my method of ~50% of system budget on speakers) Then I'd worry about upgrading the source(s). Then I'd be back to a speaker upgrade again.
emotion-2.gif

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
to be honest im very happy with my monitor audio rs1 speakers and amp , perhaps the cd73 will be better for my needs , do you think i will notice any difference from the nad c521 to a arcam cd73?

cheers

beachBOYken:

to be honest im very happy with my monitor audio rs1 speakers and amp , perhaps the cd73 will be better for my needs , do you think i will notice any difference from the nad c521 to a arcam cd73?

cheers

Yeah, I love the CD73T. I run cd through A65+ and M.A. RS6's and the sound is fantastic. If you can pick one up for £250 or thereabouts, go for it. And yes it will outperform the Nad 521 (IMHO).

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
A bit late joining this thread I know but I recently added the 73T to my NAD based set up and I concour that it's a great player now available for a bargain price. Just make sure you like the "warmer" arcam sound. Cheers

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:beachBOYken:my nad 521bee player is starting to not read cd's , and ive tryed to fix it with no luck. Have you tried a CD lens cleaner? £2.99, worth a try first.

to be honest i have'nt , but im pretty sure its something worse and its got worse other the last month or so , before i could turn the player off and on with the cd in the tray and it would work but now that does not seem to work either.

cheers

edit* ive heard the arcam cd73 is upgradable , how do i find out if there is an upgrade? also is it a wolfson 24 dac in the arcam? , cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts