New AV setup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

hi, your set up looks awesome. im thinking of buying apex fronts and running radius rears with my pioneer 920

how does your system sound at low/medium levels? i cant afford the full apex setup and would like to upgrade the amp to a higher end pioneer in the future, i dont want to spend a fortune on the apex fronts if i cant make the most of them.

im going to demo this set up at frank harvey but i just wanted the opinion of someone who owns it and lives with it everyday

thanks, ian

A

Anonymous

look's fantastic Michael...well done building your own cabinet waow!!! bet it all sound's great, the sub has a very Velodyne look in the pic's, benny.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Nice!!!
emotion-21.gif

michael hoy

benny39:look's fantastic Michael...well done building your own cabinet waow!!! bet it all sound's great, the sub has a very Velodyne look in the pic's, benny.

Thanks for the comments, yes is does sound very good, speakers getting to the point of being run in now.

michael hoy said:
Just thought I would share some pictures of my AV system.

The sub above hiding behind the settee

Typical room so not ideal for speaker placement,we are thinking of putting in a smaller fireplace and mounting the TV above.

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to know how the avr is running in that setup? What clearance do you have at the top and sides? I've been looking for a cabinet for a while for our setup that is clean and tidy and have found one but doesnt give much clearance at the top of the avr...

Q5 said:
Sorry for the late reply.

The amp in the picture is a Pioneer SC-LX72, It has been replaced by a SC-LX85.

There is 40mm either side and 25mm at the top.

The cabinet was a closed back one, but I have now made it open at the back.

No problems with over heating, but can get quite warm in summer if used for 3hrs + with the doors closed.
Are you Michael hoy?

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
Q5 said:

No problems with over heating, but can get quite warm in summer if used for 3hrs + with the doors closed.
Are you Michael hoy?

No, but a friend of his.

he asked me to respond. Although he is not participating on this site anymore, I pointed this out to him.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Edit: Posted on behalf of Michael Hoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts