beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

i recently upgraded my nad c320bee to a creek evo , but its had to be sent back because of a fault and i would have to wait ages for a new unit, so im getting a refund , anyway that means im in search for another amp .

budget - £500

ive been looking at the cyrus 8vs2 refurbished anyone got any other options?

my system

arcam cd73

MA rs1 speakers

cheers

A

Anonymous

That is bad luck, what are you looking for in another amp? i.e. why did you want to replace the previous one.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
you said previously you wanted a warmer sound why don't you contact lintone audio they had some discontinued arcams amps last week can't rem which model it was now but it was half price and £500 i think from memory

they also had some A70s for about £300 i think

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

well i got a cyrus 8vs2 in the end , im aware that this may not help on the brightness side of things , but its a good starting point for an upgrade and a friend of mine has a complete cyrus system so if he ever sells something, i hope to get a bargain .
emotion-2.gif

i have one question about the amp , as my speaker cable has banana plugs , how do i connect them to the 8vs2 , im aware theres some connector type things you get with the amp , will i still need to take of the banana plugs?

cheers

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Messiah:You will need to remove the banana plugs if they are of a 'standard' type as the Cyrus Amps use BFA connectors.

is it easy to fit the BFA connectors , is there anywhere that has a guide to fit them? , also is it still ok to have banana plugs the speaker end?

cheers

Messiah

beachBOYken:
Messiah:You will need to remove the banana plugs if they are of a 'standard' type as the Cyrus Amps use BFA connectors.

is it easy to fit the BFA connectors , is there anywhere that has a guide to fit them? , also is it still ok to have banana plugs the speaker end?

cheers

Pretty easy! With the Cyrus connectors you push the bare wire (assuming you have taken of the Banana plugs and stripped a little of the cable) into the connectors and clamp it in place with a screw. You will need a very small screwdriver though so be warned.

The speakers ends will be unchanged.

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

well ive now got my cyrus 8vs2 set up and im very happy its a lot more punchy and better soundstage , was worried about my speakers and the cyrus being to bright , but ive got to say they sound fine to me , could be my cables im using but it all sounds great , still running it in on low volume but the amp is ex demo , just want to get my speaker cables run in .

arcam cd73 /8vs2 /MA rs1's / chord odessey2 / tacima cs929

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts