Netgear router

John Duncan

Hold fire, buddy. Not sure a replacement would fix it - you may have issues elsewhere, particularly if you've added anything to your network recently? I just added a STB to my network and I started to lose my nework all the time. Seems to have settled down now though.

What's your current setup (PC included), and have you added anything recently? Is it a 'b', 'g' or 'n' router?

A

Anonymous

I dont know John,just the standard one supplied by sky,nothing been added recently either,but recently downloaded safari 4 and seems much slower and together with flashing icons on router was wondering if safaris probs were a router prob.

Cheers

Murray

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
What's it like with another browser?

Too early to do so yet (before eliminating other possibles) but Netgear routers do seem to like a "reset to factory defaults" every so often - in my experience at least!ÿ

John Duncan

blackcabmal:
I dont know John,just the standard one supplied by sky,nothing been added recently either,but recently downloaded safari 4 and seems much slower and together with flashing icons on router was wondering if safaris probs were a router prob.

Cheers

Murray

You've got a Mac right? I'll come back to you with some tips in a while, got some stuff to do.

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
margetti:

.... but Netgear routers do seem to like a "reset to factory defaults" every so often - in my experience at least!

Hmm, my gd old mum has a netgear supplied by sky when she switched over and in the last 18 month has never needed a reset, however it not to say that this would not help. I would try removing the power from the router for a couple of minutes and reconnect, simply a reboot to the router, settings remian in tact. Are you sure nobody in the area is on the same channel as you ? e.g channel six, try changing this to a different one to see if it helps. It might be better to set the router to receive both B/G signals rather than B or G, it will allow it to cope with anything that may cause interference. I use a Linksys my self and a reboot now and again helps 10 fold, the electronics are given a chance to cool and once powered back on its happy as larry down the local.

HTH - sc00bie

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried ringing BT so they can do a check on your line ? If thats ok I would ring up your ISP and see what they say.

I have a Netgear router and for a few months kept getting disconnects/loss of connection. Turned out that my ISP was messing about switching/upgrading to new servers so the connection was a bit flaky for a while.

Have you checked to see if theres a firmware upgrade for your router ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts