Netflix speech sync problem

Balderdash

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, apologies if this has been answered before but I would appreciate any advice. Watching Netflix through my smart TV with audio through my hifi, the dubbing is out. Can it be adjusted anyhow?

Balderdash

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The TV is a Panasonic TX-L42E6B connected by a digital cable to DAC Magic Plus then to a 2 channel musical fidelity amp via standard audio leads. The TV is connected wirelessly to the Internet. To get any sound at all through this route when using Netflix or BBC Iplayer etc. I need to go into the TV's sound menu and select SPDIF>PCM (other option being Auto)

the audio is about three quarters of a second slow.

Thanks

Chris Firth

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The TV being the last point of connection before the DAC generally sorts out out synch issues.

How solid is the wireless connection?

Your TV will be playing from buffer, and if the connection is not 100% then you might be experiencing buffer lag because of it.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree that wifi is a likely issue... I had some issues with my TV and sound sync. Then stuck in a LAN cable and all has been well.... Not an IT expert, so all I can do is give the result. I haven't a clue as to the reason!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts