Need vintage amp suggestions.....

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Looks like one of the speaker channels is away on my Arcam Alpha II amp, although relegated to my 3rd string system in the spare room I loved this amp was my first decent hifi amp purchased in 1989........will be missed

Anyway looking to get a bargain over on fleabay to replace it....currently set up with my old Mission 702e speakers, Arcam Alpha One cd player, Rega Planar 2 and Nakamichi BR2 tape deck.....any suggestions on what to look for that would fit well with these speakers and sources that is maybe 10 to 15 years old.......?

Quite fancy a NAD C320 or C340 or perhaps a Rotel RA-931MKII........opinions please ?

A

Anonymous

maybe a little older than what you are looking for, but

Yamaha CA-1000 .... buy it now of £250 (comes with a tuner)

or else, look for a good Pioneer A400 for approx £130-£150

if you are patient, you may find a Tom Evans tweaked Pioneer A300R Precision for under £200

if your budget is a bit higher, search for a Pioneer SA-9800 ... for approx £350-£400

T

the record spot

Or, if you're really lucky, you'll snag a reasonably high end Sansui from the mid- to late-70s. Expect to pay around £200 for an AU-717 in good condition. More for the top of the range items and the pre/power stuff, you'll be shelling out £750+.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts