Need to change my PDA - ipod Touch a possibility?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

My 5 yr old Palm PDA is starting to go on the blink (like a 5min battery life now!) and while I was going to upgrade it eventually, the decision may need to be made sooner rather than later. There's still some PDAs out there on the market (e.g., the HP iPaqs) but it seems like most people are either choosing to go for smart phones now or, god forbid, reverting to filofaxes to keep themselves organised.

My mobile's not due for renewal for another 5 months which will be well past my PDAs life expectancy I fear, and even then I'm not sure I'd want to switch from my £8 a month tariff (it's an old one) to a £30+ one to get an iphone, as good as they are. My 3 yr old ipod 5th gen could also do with a renewal, so I was wondering whether the ipod Touch 32Gb might be a good solution? Does it have the ability to be used as a normal diary as well as making task lists etc. which you would find with a normal PDA? (I know it would replace the ipod quite well!).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Tim

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd say, if you have a Mac, it's a no brainer - it will sync your contacts, calendar and email with the standard Mac apps as easy as pie. With a PC, I'm not so sure, but there are so many applications out there, I'd be very surprised if this hasn't been catered for. I'll try and have a look at some point and see if there are any which will sync with Outlook.
As for task lists, you're spoilt for choice on task list apps.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Is it to connect to a corporate Outlook system? If so, I use a Nokia E71, which has a downloadable gadget called "Mail for Exchange". This uses whatever network it can to sync with your corporate Exchange server - it syncs everything, contacts, mail, calendar etc...

Of course, if it's a home-only system then it probably won't work... Have you looked at a Crackberry...sorry, Blackberry?

A

Anonymous

professorhat:I'd say, if you have a Mac, it's a no brainer -

I second this ~ I recently set my iTouch up as a remote and it's great fun. You can actually srcroll thorugh your music and adjust the volume, great if your MAC is in a different room to your HiFi!

TRENDING THREADS