plutus

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
hello,

after some research I've focused on three configurations:

-onkyo n755 with tannoy v1 or with native speakers for about 340£

-denon ceol n8 with dali zensor 1 at 450£ or with BX2 at 470£

-marantz 603 with the same prices and configurations of the denon

There are also some deals available on the old ceol n7with tannoy V1 or QA 2010i at 390£

I'm looking for a quality mini-hifi with network capabilities, airplay is a plus for its semplicity.

Price, of course, matters, but I prefer spending something more if I can buy more quality.

Personally, I like marantz but ceol (n7 or n8? seem very close) has some new features like wifi which are appealing but not so important compared to audio quality. Onkyo is interesting for the price (but the speakers are less expensive also), don't know how this package it compares to marantz/denon.

thanks

gasolin

You can also get the Denon DRA-109DAB (ceol is without dab, in uk i can't find the reciver without dab, but in denmark the dab version is 25% more expensive then the model without dab) and the DNP-F109 which is a network player, compared to ceol you have 2 unit and no cd player, but i think the amplifier is the same, so you do get a lot of power (have the DRA-F109 & Dali zensor 1, using Qed original speakerecable and the are a bit soft in the upper midrange and lower treble, that cable could be a good choice if you don't like a screaming voice when listening to music like celion dion or withney houston, the bodyguard and titanic song)

Have heard the ceol with the dali lektor 1&2, lektor 2 sounds very good, warm sound, lektor 1 is more thin (mostly male voices) so dali lektor 2's could be an alternative to BX2'S with the denon & marantz

TRENDING THREADS