need some advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

kalanisi:

6 weeks ago i purchased the denon avr1910 amp and the KEF kht3005se-w style speakers from superfi.

im really happy with the sound from the system however i bought a new bluray player 2 weeks and watched fight club this afternoon.

Ive noticed some crackling coming from the centre speakeron vocals. Taking the front speaker cover off makes it more noticeeable but its only coming from the right hand tweeter and is worse the louder i have the volume.

Dvds, sky and my ipod are fine (no crackling).

does anyone have any idea what this noise could be ?

thanks in advance

Back on track of the thread.

Try changing round the centre speaker with one of the others and see if you have the same problem , or if it now shows up on the channel you moved the old centre speaker to.

In any case you should really go back to Superfi for advice and possibly a new replacement speaker package

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
lesmor:Try changing round the centre speaker with one of the others and see if you have the same problem , or if it now shows up on the channel you moved the old centre speaker to.
That may work, but it may not since the majority of sound is usually being pushed to the centre channel - better to check the speaker in another (dealers?) system using a disc known to cause the crackling. As you suggest lesmor, Kalanisi should really take it back to Superfi for checking/advice/replacement.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks people for your helpful replies, i have spoken to superfi and they want me to return the centre speaker so they can send it away for repair.

They wont replace it straight away, i just have to wait for the item to be returned.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

kalanisi:
Many thanks people for your helpful replies, i have spoken to superfi and they want me to return the centre speaker so they can send it away for repair.

They wont replace it straight away, i just have to wait for the item to be returned.

Cheers

What!!! that is terrible customer support
Its up to you ,but I would reject the goods under the sale of goods act , a repair would be unacceptable to me.
They are only 6 weeks old I believe , so only a replacement would satisfy me im afraid?

TRENDING THREADS