Need more bass

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

kanini

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have tried quite a few different speaker positions (a lot of!) Including having them face 90 degrees (the adjacent wall), and diagonally for test purposes. No real change. Will give the settee move a try although its not practical long term. Will report back later...

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm suprised no one thinks 'a dip' on a frequency sweep is not an issue with the amp.

If the speakers are 'full' range you should get a smooth sweep from low to high without any deviation in tone.

If this is audible regardless of where you are in the room, find the cause.

That's not right - it means your system is failing to deliver a full frequency range.

Does this still occur regardless of speaker position?

Double check the wiring on your speakers.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I recently heard the roksan k3 with what I am pretty sure were the tannoys mentioned. And yes, there was no bass. I think a stand mounted speaker at the similar price would produce better results.

kanini

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I moved the settee away from the wall and it was no better. In fact slightly worse.

tried all sorts of speaker positions and like i say, had the same issue with my old and new amps.

think a speaker change is in order. Will definately try at home before keeping them next time.

unfortunately got the tannoys online based on reviews so didnt audition.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
kanini said:
I moved the settee away from the wall and it was no better. In fact slightly worse.

tried all sorts of speaker positions and like i say, had the same issue with my old and new amps.

think a speaker change is in order. Will definately try at home before keeping them next time.

unfortunately got the tannoys online based on reviews so didnt audition.

If you bought online you have 7 days to return them, maybe more check with dealer.

TRENDING THREADS