Need help with the Sony str-ks1300

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I have the Sony str-ks1300 given to us for free as the person was moving abroad. My question is this unit able to show picture throught the hdmi aswell as audio at the same time as I am not able to get picture but sound . Sound is only on the virgin tivo box and when trying to use the blu ray player I can't get neither. As I have at the moment got the picture coming through the tv via hdmi and the audio through optical cable which is fine but I would like to have setup similar to my onkyo in another room which is audio and picture through the one cable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

jk1988.

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you should be able to get sound and video. Just connect the HDMI outputs of your devices to the inputs of the Sony and then connect the output of the Sony to your television. If you don't get any video, it's possible your television doesn't support the output resolution of the Sony. Try a reset of the unit (turn it off then hold the power button until "cleared" appears on the display).

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Sony is probably transmitting in a resolution or framerate that isn't supported by your television. I've quickly looked in the manual (http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3295946121.pdf) but it doesn't look like you can set the video output resolution or framerate. Does this happen with the blu-ray and the STB? Try changing the output resolution of your sources and see what happens.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
It tested my patience but I pulled through I have it sorted it now it was a case of wiggling the cable that was all it needed.

But thank you for your replies.

jk1988

TRENDING THREADS