Need help to choose Amp.

MATIK05

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys im new here and i was thinking i should ask for help to choose an Amp for my speakers, i have Monitor Audio RX2 and im looking to buy a amp, i bought the newest Rotel and wasnt really happy, my 1994 Denon was doing better so i returned them. Now my cousin has a Audiolab setup and hes telling me thats one of the best and hes asking $4500 but its the older models, what should i do? please help and im thinking to buy Monitor Audio RX8 soon.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Which Rotel was it?

I would look into higher power NAD, Roksan, Denon, Abrahamsen and Anthem integrated amps, and again at Rotel but at their bigger models, even their power amps.

MATIK05

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
so i had bought the Rorel RC1590 and RB-1582 MKII and believe it or not didnt even have power to push the speakers, so the volume at 95 is as loud as my old denon half way. i would like to buy a stack amp like the Audiolab but i guess Audiolab makes only 220V

MATIK05 said:
so i had bought the Rorel RC1590 and RB-1582 MKII and believe it or not didnt even have power to push the speakers, so the volume at 95 is as loud as my old denon half way. i would like to buy a stack amp like the Audiolab but i guess Audiolab makes only 220V

That's quite a price forvan Audiolab set-up. What has he got exactly?

Where are you in the world? I assume you have 110v mains supply.

MATIK05

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I will try to find out all the models he has stacked and im from USA, californi and you are right 110V, but he has a transfomer to convert 110v to 220v. so i have heared that the Audiolab need to run for about 1 hour then you get the good sound and also will the power converter make a diference?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
For that kind of budget you could just about stretch to the Arcam A49, which kicks out 200W a side (which some reviews have suggested is conservatively stated); is made in the USA; is just one box (even if about the size of a decent AV receiver and weighing 43lb); and has been picking up some spectacular reviews, such as this one from The Absolute Sound.

MATIK05

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
spiny norman said:
For that kind of budget you could just about stretch to the Arcam A49, which kicks out 200W a side (which some reviews have suggested is conservatively stated); is made in the USA; is just one box (even if about the size of a decent AV receiver and weighing 43lb); and has been picking up some spectacular reviews, such as this one from The Absolute Sound.
you dont think the McIntosh MAC6700 is better then Arcam A49 they both are about the same price?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
MATIK05 said:

Your Rotel is excellent and quite powerfull. The pitiful size of the MA RX2 speakers is your problem why you can't get satisfactory SPL or bass out of them. When you upgrade to the bigger RX8s you will have a good combo with the Rotel IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts