Need help picking some headphones, please help

Okay hello everyone, so at the moment I own Bose QC15 & QC20 headphones, which I love to bits! beings I do a lot of traveling on public transport but I don't have anything to enjoy at home, I alwasy find the noise cancelling unfomfertable at home beings at home its quiet anyway. So I need help picking some headphones to be used at home to watch films, listen to music play games ect.

I love a good detailed & balanced sound with the bass not overpowering like "Beats by Dre" or the "Sony XB" line of headphones

So far I like:

Bang & Olsufen H6 for £178/$289/€230

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X for £121/$194/€154
Sennheiser HD598 for £154/$247/€195
Bose SoundTrue - £150/$241/€190

Sony MDR-1R - £135/$217/€171

AKG K702 - £159/$255/€202

Feel free to suggest anymore price range anything up to £200 but I can go a little bit above that.

Thanks in advance! :)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium is an excellent headphone that is very neutral and extremely comfortable. A little over budget. The Audio-Technica ATH-A500x is also excellent as is the ATH-ES700.

Ahh 250ohms, I think I will need a headphone amp for that. I suppose I have been needing to buy a decent DAC/Amp for a while so I could do this all in one.

Do you have any experiance with B&O H6? or if they are anygood for that price, the brand name is screaming at me and they look amazing!

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay hello everyone, so at the moment I own Bose QC15 & QC20 headphones, which I love to bits! beings I do a lot of traveling on public transport but I don't have anything to enjoy at home, I alwasy find the noise cancelling unfomfertable at home beings at home its quiet anyway. So I need help picking some headphones to be used at home to watch films, listen to music play games ect.

I love a good detailed & balanced sound with the bass not overpowering like "Beats by Dre" or the "Sony XB" line of headphones

So far I like:

[font="ProximaNova-Light, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]Bang & Olsufen H6 for £178/$289/€230[/font][/b]

[font="ProximaNova-Light, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]Audio-Technica ATH-M50X for £121/$194/€154[/font][/b]

Sennheiser HD598 for £154/$247/€195

[font="ProximaNova-Light, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]Bose SoundTrue - £150/$241/€190[/font][/b]

[font="ProximaNova-Light, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]Sony MDR-1R - £135/$217/€171[/font][/b]

[font="ProximaNova-Light, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]AKG K702 - £159/$255/€202[/font][/b]

Feel free to suggest anymore price range anything up to £200 but I can go a little bit above that.

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

-------------------------------------------------- The headphones you listed are so different there's no comparison. You need to describe your needs in design type and type of sound.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
hybridauth_Google_102508582348075445949 said:
Ahh 250ohms, I think I will need a headphone amp for that. I suppose I have been needing to buy a decent DAC/Amp for a while so I could do this all in one.

Do you have any experiance with B&O H6? or if they are anygood for that price, the brand name is screaming at me and they look amazing!

The DT880 Pro is 250 Ohms, the DT880 Premium Edition is available as 25, 250 and 600 Ohms.

jorwoo14

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm being slightly contradictorary here in preaching how it is so awful buying cheap headphones, but somehow I always find myself doing so! Check out Simply Sound & Vision for a guide on getting the most out of your listening experience, it will definitely help

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
jorwoo14 said:
I'm being slightly contradictorary here in preaching how it is so awful buying cheap headphones, but somehow I always find myself doing so! Check out Simply Sound & Vision for a guide on getting the most out of your listening experience, it will definitely help

Buying headphones is like buying cheese! A standard plastic cheddar will do the business but it won't give you those lovely feelings you'd get with a Montgomery cheddar.

To be honest if you only use them once every blue moon then don't spend too much, but if you use them a lot...

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
JoelSim said:
jorwoo14 said:

Buying headphones is like buying cheese! A standard plastic cheddar will do the business but it won't give you those lovely feelings you'd get with a Montgomery cheddar.

Much better than the whiskey analogy my local dealer tried to use on me when I was in my early twenties. "Do you buy the whiskey you can afford or the whiskey that you want?" Neither, I can't stand effin' whiskey and he wasn't even trying to propose any alternatives around my budget despite the fact that I know you carry a range of kit at and around that budget.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
ID. said:
JoelSim said:
jorwoo14 said:

Much better than the whiskey analogy my local dealer tried to use on me when I was in my early twenties. "Do you buy the whiskey you can afford or the whiskey that you want?" Neither, I can't stand effin' whiskey and he wasn't even trying to propose any alternatives around my budget despite the fact that I know you carry a range of kit at and around that budget.

I'd struggle on whisky too...red wine perhaps but that's another story!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts