Need help: no sound from speakers when using phono stage

phife

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, need your advice please: My setup:Rega RP1 w/ Ortofon blue cartridge Phone Stage: Croft RIAA (the standard one, not the R version) Valves: 2 pairs (one set primary, one backup), 12AX7 forgot the brands Amp: Roksan Kandy K2 Speaker: Dali Menuet Problem:no sound coming out from the speakers when using the RIAA phono stage.I tried: changing the valves (problem persists)So , I plugged my turntable to Roksan Kandy' phono stage , voila, the sounds start to come out of the speakers. Note: before this total silence when using the RIAA phono stage, one of the valves were getting a bit looser than it used to when plugged in the valve socket. The sound was coming only from 1 speaker. Did some plug/unplug of the valves, and suddenly all sound start to stop coming out of the speakers. Any ideas/advise? Many thanks.

phife said:
Hi all, need your advice please: My setup: Rega RP1 w/ Ortofon blue cartridge Phone Stage: Croft RIAA (the standard one, not the R version) Valves: 2 pairs (one set primary, one backup), 12AX7 forgot the brands Amp: Roksan Kandy K2 Speaker: Dali Menuet Problem: no sound coming out from the speakers when using the RIAA phono stage. I tried: changing the valves (problem persists) So , I plugged my turntable to Roksan Kandy' phono stage , voila, the sounds start to come out of the speakers. Note: before this total silence when using the RIAA phono stage, one of the valves were getting a bit looser than it used to when plugged in the valve socket. The sound was coming only from 1 speaker. Did some plug/unplug of the valves, and suddenly all sound start to stop coming out of the speakers. Any ideas/advise? Many thanks.

I think you're going to have to return the Croft for a full overhaul to be on the safe side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts