need help deciding on 2nd hand b&w speakers!!!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi everyone,

firstly i have wanted a new set of speakers for months now but just havnt had the time nor money. but.......

a friend of mine has offered me his b&w603 floorstanders for £100, any views on these speakers at all????

i would be sourcing these with my marantz pm66se ltd edition amp and my cd63se...........

A

Anonymous

Sounds a pretty good deal! I've not heard the 603's personally but I have a pair of the 601S3's (stand) and they are wonderful - smooth but detailed with bags of bass. I think I paid around £300 so the floorstanders would probably have been more expensive. Why not try and find some old WhatHifi reviews before you buy and have a good listening session with a variety of music if you friend doesn't mind?

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Don't know about the 603's but the 683's are pretty decent floorstanders that retail at £900 with plenty of force in the sound.

If you go to B and W's website I dare say they'll have a product history section.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="danzo001"]
hi everyone,

firstly i have wanted a new set of speakers for months now but just havnt had the time nor money. but.......

a friend of mine has offered me his b&w603 floorstanders for £100, any views on these speakers at all????

i would be sourcing these with my marantz pm66se ltd edition amp and my cd63se...........
[/quote]

Sounds like a good purchase to me.

A

Anonymous

Go for it, it's an absolute bargain. If you don't like their sound you can always sell them again for the same price.

A

Anonymous

Here's something...I think the reviewer rather likes them ;)

http://stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/805bw/

A

Anonymous

[quote user="danzo001"]
hi everyone,

[/quote]

I just sold my DM603 s2 on ebay 2 months ago for 250......and I thought that was a bargain......cost 550 new 8 years ago so not a bad deal all round....to be fair they were in pristine condition, better looked after than some ex-demo stuff. They only lasted 3 hours on ebay before they were sold, so I would snap them up at 100 squid! They gave me years of pleasure driven by my old rotel amp, which incidentally only lasted 1.5 hours on auction! How I love ebay........

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="danzo001"] friend of mine has offered me his b&w603 floorstanders for £100, any views on these speakers at all????[/quote]

That is a few pounds below the going price and as long as all the drivers are in good condition (expensive to replace) I would buy them. Not many better pair of speakers you can buy for a ton.

Cd player is fine, the amp may need upgrading to something with a bit more grunt (like Rotel)

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Snap them up!! I have 601 (Series 1) in my system and if my other half had allowed it, the 603's would have been my choice of front speakers. I recommended an (unattached) mate buy them (which he did) and he still enjoys them.

As mentioned above, make sure all drivers are in immaculate condition and you should enjoy them for years to come.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

cheers every1 for your input, i just wanted a few opinions on the speakers and it seems they are def worth the cash so ill be buying them next week, cheers again!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Just remember though refined they ain't, the metal dome was very peaky and metallic and not the most natural sounding speaker, but was good for scale and power, a good buy for £100 though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts