Need Help deciding a subwoofer

ajgeorge79

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

As a new member, I would need some help on deciding which subwoofer to purchase. I have a cambridage audio 651A integrated amplifier which is connected to a pair of JBL LS40 bookshelve speakers. I am looking to buy a subwoofer to complete the setup. The options i have are JBL LS120p, M&K V10, Revel B1. They are all at the same price point. I am leaning more towards the M&K since i have always wanted to own an M&K product but have never had a chance to audition them. Is M&K still making good speakers as they used to do 10 years back ? Also there are not many reviews on any of the products that i have shortlisted. I am looking for a subwoofer which is extremely musical. Appreciate your help and suggestions. Thanks.

ajgeorge79

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes David. I have heard a 2 channel amp with a subwoofer and honestly I liked it a lot. I have both and cambrige audio receiver and the integrated amp side by side and feel the music sounds better when played through an integrated amp and that was the reason I am planning to use the amp for my music and move the receiver to use with my tv. Also since I wanted an amp with sub-out there were not many options. I had to settle for the Cambridge.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Have you looked at BK Electronics? I recently added one of their subs to my two channel setup and it worked very well. Variety of price points, seem to be well thought of

ajgeorge79

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I did consider SVS but to be honest i have always wanted to own an MK product but never had a chance till now. I am leaning a lot towards the MK v10 but really want some help to know if MK is still making great products like how it used be make before because there are not many reviews on the MK V10. Thanks.

Regards

Aj

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts