Need Guidance on setting up Marantz PM6004 to Speakers

My Marantz PM6004 came in today. I've been waiting for this day for quite a while. I have Q Acoustics Concept 20s Speakers. I think I've connected everything in place correctly, Though I might be wrong. So far, I've connected the cables from the speakers to the Receiver. I've done this before on my friend's receiver that I borrowed whilst waiting for this one to come in the mail.

My problem is, There is no sound coming out of my speakers. I've tried undoing the cables, and putting it back in, with extra precaution, to make sure every copper strain touches the metal part of both speakers and receiver. I also bought an RCA to 3.55 mm Cable, So I could play songs from my laptop (Main Audio Source)

but nothing comes out. I've tried connecting the RCA cables into the AUX port on the Marantz, but nothing.

Am I missing something here?

Please Help

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Irwan Kasman said:
My Marantz PM6004 came in today. I've been waiting for this day for quite a while. I have Q Acoustics Concept 20s Speakers. I think I've connected everything in place correctly, Though I might be wrong. So far, I've connected the cables from the speakers to the Receiver. I've done this before on my friend's receiver that I borrowed whilst waiting for this one to come in the mail.

My problem is, There is no sound coming out of my speakers. I've tried undoing the cables, and putting it back in, with extra precaution, to make sure every copper strain touches the metal part of both speakers and receiver. I also bought an RCA to 3.55 mm Cable, So I could play songs from my laptop (Main Audio Source)

but nothing comes out. I've tried connecting the RCA cables into the AUX port on the Marantz, but nothing.

Am I missing something here?

Please Help

Assuming you have connected the speakers correctly.

Have you turned the input selector control (labelled 3 on your manual) to aux? Have you selected the correct speaker set A or B (labelled 11)? Check you have connected the jack plug 3.5mm to the headphone socket on the computer and not the microphone. Does the computer play music when you unplug the jack plug?

Oh, almost forgot is the mute light (labelled 6) on?

Hi, Thanks for replying.

Yes, I have tried it. Is it normal, that when I turn the input knob, there's a small blue light that apears under Phono, and as I turn, The blue light switches tuner. But as I continue even further, the light dissapears. Plus, I feel like the remote doesn't seem to want to work with anything I've pressed, even though the batteries are brand new. Is it just my receiver? Should I send it back? or am I missing another form of hardware. Ie. CD Player or DAC?

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand why the blue light would go out. Try connecting the RCA plugs to the tuner connections, select tuner on the input and see what happens. As for the remote make sure you have pressed the button marked Amp, then the volume, mute , input etc should work.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
You set the amp to phono and turn the volume gradually up to near full? Do you get any hissing sound from your speakers? If not either your speakers are not set correctly A or B, or you have not wired them up correctly, the amp is still set to mute or it's broken.

Good Morning *biggrin*

I read on a few forum threads that the Marantz PM6004 does not have digital inputs.

Could that be the issue that I am facing? Do I need a digital input source? Will music only come out when I connect it to a CD Player or something?

Irwan Kasman said:
Good Morning *biggrin*

I read on a few forum threads that the Marantz PM6004 does not have digital inputs.

Could that be the issue that I am facing? Do I need a digital input source? Will music only come out when I connect it to a CD Player or something?

I don't think that is your problem. Do you own or can you borrow some headphones?

Also up I might be better off getting a Behringer UCA202 and taking the signal from your laptop's USB port.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Irwan, I think this just means you don't have a built in Digital Analogue Converter (DAC). Here is a link which explains how they work. iPods, CD players, computer etc all have built in DACs so there is no need to have one in the amplifier. Obviously if you have a have a dedicated DAC it will be of superior quality to that which may be installed in cheaper electronic components. Al Ears suggestion of the headphones is a really good one. Is it possible to post pictures of the connections you have made to the amp and speakers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmTNGGSLoS0

Hi, I will try the headphone suggestion once I get home. I am currently at the faculty. I have apioneer dj controller at home, it has its own dedicated soundcard. I've tried it. I will take the Amplifier, to the Marantz authorized dealer today. Ill ask them to check whether its broken or not. Ill let you guys know.

Thanks

12476542_10156841146215657_799923462_n.jpg
[/URL][/img]

TRENDING THREADS