Need advice buying an amp & speakers for Projector!! Please Help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new here and I was looking for some help with the following. I have a Sony VPL-HS60 Projector and I'm looking to buy an AV Amp to hook up to the HDMI input. After looking around for a while I think I'm going to get the Onkyo TX SR605 but I have no idea about the speakers. I was looking at Jamo E6 models but my budget will only cover maybe a 5.1 setup for the moment with the view to upgrade (if needed) to 7.1 in the future. This is for an attic conversion and the room is 15ft x 15ft so not sure I need 7.1. Also I will be looking to have a ps3, windows media centre & satilite etc hooked up through the amp.

Can you recommend a cheaper/better set of speakers or even amp for the same money as I'm lost looking into all this stuff...? Any advice would be appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes to the TX-SR605, no problems at all, but the Jamo E6 pack is a bit of an unknown quantity (to me at least). I'd be thinking more in terms of the Q Acoustics 5.1 system, KEF 2005s or maybe even Mordaunt-Short Genies in this price range. The new M-S Alumni system looks a bit interesting, too...

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to look into these sets now. I'm find it so hard to make decisions ;)

Thanks again..

A

Anonymous

By the way I was wondering is there any point going for a 7.1 system with regards to the size of the room and the amount of movies/games mastered in 7.1????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts