Need a rack for my AV system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just sold my classic 1972 Citroen DS for a price I could not refuse, and so now I have the money to update my AV system.

As a Marantz and Monitor Audio fan the system is sorted.

Samsung UE55D8000 (wall mounted)

Marantz SR7005

Marantz UD7006

Marantz NA7004

monitor audio Apex 5.1 complete with stands.

All cables will be Chord Company.

Now all I need is a rack, I am looking at the Hi Fi Racks Podium Reference.

Now my question is: Are there any other rack available in oak that are as good?

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
I have just changed my Partington Minium hifi rack which I had heavily tweaked for a Hifi Racks Podium xl to accommodate the ever increasing amount of hifi and av kit. I was worried that the sound quality would take a severe dip in quality and that I would end up swopping back. (it took about 2 hours to disconnect everything - assemble the new rack and re-connect it all back up again).

The outcome is that I have given my brother-in-law my Partington rack along with the granite/slate/hi-max shelves and plinths. The Podium sound is quite different in presentaion to the old stand but every bit as enjoyable. The sound is ever so slightly less analytical but instead has a richer more melifluous sound.

The advantage is the much lower profile (I had the space to use a wide low rack as opposed to a narrow tall one) that prevents the top of the hifi rack encroaching on the very bottom edgae of my wall mounted TV.

Before that I approached a local kitchen designer to get a quote for a Hifi Podium replica product. I could have bought a 4 shelf unit at 1500 wide with the 5 leg supports and spikes for about 30% less. The legs would have been rigidly fixed as opposed to a screw on fixing. The delivery time was about the same.

I recommend the Hifi racks Podium and you can of course add shelves, specify heights to suit. I agree with the reviews that getting the legs square is a pain.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
RobGardner said:
I have just changed my Partington Minium hifi rack which I had heavily tweaked for a Hifi Racks Podium xl to accommodate the ever increasing amount of hifi and av kit. I was worried that the sound quality would take a severe dip in quality and that I would end up swopping back. (it took about 2 hours to disconnect everything - assemble the new rack and re-connect it all back up again).

The outcome is that I have given my brother-in-law my Partington rack along with the granite/slate/hi-max shelves and plinths. The Podium sound is quite different in presentaion to the old stand but every bit as enjoyable. The sound is ever so slightly less analytical but instead has a richer more melifluous sound.

The advantage is the much lower profile (I had the space to use a wide low rack as opposed to a narrow tall one) that prevents the top of the hifi rack encroaching on the very bottom edgae of my wall mounted TV.

Before that I approached a local kitchen designer to get a quote for a Hifi Podium replica product. I could have bought a 4 shelf unit at 1500 wide with the 5 leg supports and spikes for about 30% less. The legs would have been rigidly fixed as opposed to a screw on fixing. The delivery time was about the same.

I recommend the Hifi racks Podium and you can of course add shelves, specify heights to suit. I agree with the reviews that getting the legs square is a pain.

I have always believed that the material that your gear sits on (as well as how well its isolated), affects the sound. So its very interesting to see that you found the same.

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts