Need a new amp

Maor

Oct 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just recently got into hi-fi. I'm facing some big decisions soon, and I'd appreciate your advice.

I recently sold my amplifier because I'm looking to upgrade my setup. I need a new amp, a phono stage for my turntable, and I'm also interested in getting a streamer.

A friend offered me a Cambridge Audio Azur 851A for €400, but it doesn't have a built-in phono stage. Should I go for it and buy a separate, budget-friendly phono stage? Or should I look for a streamer with a built-in phono stage?

My budget for everything is around €600, and I'm looking to buy second-hand.

Here's my current gear:

• Speakers: JBL L46
  • Turntable: Bang & Olufsen Beogram 1900
  • DAC: Musical Fidelity V-DAC 2
Any suggestions on the best path forward?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just recently got into hi-fi. I'm facing some big decisions soon, and I'd appreciate your advice.

I recently sold my amplifier because I'm looking to upgrade my setup. I need a new amp, a phono stage for my turntable, and I'm also interested in getting a streamer.

A friend offered me a Cambridge Audio Azur 851A for €400, but it doesn't have a built-in phono stage. Should I go for it and buy a separate, budget-friendly phono stage? Or should I look for a streamer with a built-in phono stage?

My budget for everything is around €600, and I'm looking to buy second-hand.

Here's my current gear:

• Speakers: JBL L46
  • Turntable: Bang & Olufsen Beogram 1900
  • DAC: Musical Fidelity V-DAC 2
Any suggestions on the best path forward?

Thanks in advance for your help!
you might have trouble finding a streamer with a phono stage, buy a separate phono preamp might be the easiest route.
Failing that look for second-hand Marantz or Denon amplifiers which have a good inbuilt phono stage.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Would have said the WiiM Ultra streamer as it has a phono stage (but also would possibly top out your budget). Given you have a decent DAC, would suggest:

1. brand new WiiM mini (€100)
2. Graham Slee Communicator Phono Amp (€120-200 on ebay)
3. the Cambridge Amp (€400)

which could be on or around budget. Not sure if you are in Spain, but a number of the online retailers do IVA free days at certain times of the year which would save you 21% on the WiiM mini.

Or a cheaper option:

1. brand new WiiM Amp (€369)
2. Graham Slee Communicator Phono Amp (€120-200 on ebay)
and sell your current DAC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts