Neat Iotas..... what are the alternatives?

womble72

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So before I hit the button and buy some Neat Iotas, what other small compact speakers would be just as good? They have to be similar in price, size and just as flexible in their positioning.

Am I just stalling for time when really I should be just getting the Iotas and marvelling at their minute magnificence?

It's amazing how a pair of those JBL Control 1's, which I bought for my workshop, have opened my ears to small speakers with detailed sound and the huge benefit of being wife friendly :-D

Juzzie Wuzzie

For me there was no alternative (size driven) so I went out and bought them as soon as I could. So, so, so pleased with them, can only give a positive recommendation.

Ironically, the better half thinks they are ugly to which I replied "be thankful I didn't buy floorstanders"!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
There is certainly something about good very small speakers, the way they make music in a rythmic, fast 'hard wired to the brain' way, not concerned with some of the usual hifi things which can, on occasions be more of a distraction than add to the enjoyment. I said it before, my local Costa use some mini wall-hung speakers ala JBL and they can sound very nice indeed within the limited levels they are played at. Then there is always the option of adding a discreet sub for more bandwidth and flexibility.

Amphion make some highly regarded small speakers too.

http://www.amphion.fi/en/home/

regards

womble72

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
drummerman said:
There is certainly something about good very small speakers, the way they make music in a rythmic, fast 'hard wired to the brain' way, not concerned with some of the usual hifi things which can, on occasions be more of a distraction than add to the enjoyment. I said it before, my local Costa use some mini wall-hung speakers ala JBL and they can sound very nice indeed within the limited levels they are played at. Then there is always the option of adding a discreet sub for more bandwidth and flexibility.

Amphion make some highly regarded small speakers too.

http://www.amphion.fi/en/home/

regards

I'm still smiling at my little JBL's :-D

I chose these simply because they were small, I didn't want monster bass that could possibly upset the neighbours when I'm working and the heavy duty plastic case and metal grill should cope with being in a workshop environment.... they even come with wall brackets. I've played music and movies through them and although lacking in any meaningful bass, they are really clean sounding.

They have introduced me into a world of 'less is more' and I really don't see the point in having huge floorstanders clogging up the front room. I'm really keen to get some Neat Iotas now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts