Neat Acoustics Loudspeakers

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
stereoman said:
Hello, they seem to collect 5/5 one by one here and there...really so good ? Opinions and experience welcome !

I have a pair of original Neat Petites. My first real HiFi loudspeaker that I bought new. I used them with a Naim Nait and Meridian CD player - all of which I still have (I must have bought them 25 years ago).

Good quality speaker, bass reflex port at the rear, bass very sensitive to distance from rear wall. Not suitable as a bookshelf speaker. Apparently tricky to drive, but the Nait seemed to cope fine. I used them in a small room, and they sounded great when set up properly.

I bought them without grills and after my first child was born (a couple of years after I bought the speakers), Neat supplied a set of grills free of charge via overnight delivery. Excellent customer service.

stereoman said:
Hello, they seem to collect 5/5 one by one here and there...really so good ? Opinions and experience welcome !

Have heard the Motive SX2's some time ago and if I remember correctly they sounded good but a bit lost in the size of the room used for audition. Good in a small to medium room I guess. Very good build quality was very apparent.

stereoman said:

I've not heard any Neats before, although they do come with reps. As with all speakers it'll depend on your amp... and what speakers do you use at the moment? I've noticed Leema Xeros on your avatar.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stereoman said:

I've not heard any Neats before, although they do come with reps. As with all speakers it'll depend on your amp... and what speakers do you use at the moment? I've noticed Leema Xeros on your avatar.

Yes, with my second system Leema Xero with Cyrus 8vs. I also used many different speakers before and can say that even when you have a good amp , it won't help. Leema Xero are the first speakers that surprised me completely with their sound. From the first second you can hear how well engineered the sound is because their frequence range is extremely good exposed and very detailed. More like a competent studio monitor. I've been thinking about buying bigger Xone but I know there might be also other similar good ones within the price range. Anyway, Neat seem appealing too. ;) But do not know if they sound so good...

Timo

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a pair of SX1 -- driving by Naim's XS2. This is, I think, a rather good combo -- apparently Neat uses Naim to voice their speakers. The Neats are very good all-rounders in my opinion, and the down-firing ports make them relatively easy to place. I also auditioned the SX3. Here I preferred the treble (brilliant!), but the smaller SX lacked a bit of authority for orchestral music. The SX2 are somewhat caught in the middle -- without the beautiful treble the SX3 displays and not quite the soundstage of the SX1. Still, the SX2 are fine speakers, but it is really worth to stretch to the SX1 if anyhow possible...

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
I have the Neat Petit SX. I have found them to have great clarity and detail. They are a small standmount and worked better in my room than the smaller floorstander, which sound a bit 'muddy' in comparison.

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I gave myself a xmas gift and bought a pair of Motive SX2s. They're a very good match with my Naim Nait 5si and CD5si. I have them in a living room around 16 ou 17 square meters and they really fit that space both asthetically and sound wise.

The SX2s play very well all kinds of different music genres. Positioning is easy, like Timo said. I really like the separation between instruments, the soundstage and their musicality. If you're looking for speakers with really large scale and massive bass you should look elsewhere.

The Iotas are very good speakers too. People looking for small speakers should demo these.

I'm very curious about the Iota Alphas, really tiny (around 45 ou 46cm tall) and weird looking speakers.

(this is my first post here btw)

Pedro

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Pedro said:
I gave myself a xmas gift and bought a pair of Motive SX2s. They're a very good match with my Naim Nait 5si and CD5si. I have them in a living room around 16 ou 17 square meters and they really fit that space both asthetically and sound wise.

The SX2s play very well all kinds of different music genres. Positioning is easy, like Timo said. I really like the separation between instruments, the soundstage and their musicality. If you're looking for speakers with really large scale and massive bass you should look elsewhere.

The Iotas are very good speakers too. People looking for small speakers should demo these.

I'm very curious about the Iota Alphas, really tiny (around 45 ou 46cm tall) and weird looking speakers.

(this is my first post here btw)

Pedro
And a very good one it is.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Have heard the Motive SX1s. These speakers are accomplished in almost all areas. Actually one of the most musical speakers I have listened to till date. Like mentioned before, easy to place due to down firing bass pot. The only down side is they don't do deep bass very well at high volume. Bass gets just a tad congested at high volumes. Am sure this will not be a problem in small to medium size rooms.

The neat's also need really good amplification to really sing. If you need power and freedom from bass congestion at higher volumes, then you should be looking at the Momentum SX5i which is much on the expensive side.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Have heard the Motive SX1s. These speakers are accomplished in almost all areas. Actually one of the most musical speakers I have listened to till date. Like mentioned before, easy to place due to down firing bass pot. The only down side is they don't do deep bass very well at high volume. Bass gets just a tad congested at high volumes. Am sure this will not be a problem in small to medium size rooms.

The neat's also need really good amplification to really sing. If you need power and freedom from bass congestion at higher volumes, then you should be looking at the Momentum SX5i which is much on the expensive side.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts