NAS help please

manicm

Hi Everyone, I have a Denon Heos Bar streaming soundbar and want to connect it to a NAS for music playback. Since it plays high-res and DSD etc, I just need the NAS for storage, not for any transcoding etc. Can I get away with something like a Western Digital My Cloud?

I will then either connect the soundbar via ethernet, or upgrade my wifi with a 5ghz dual band router, where my soundbar can connect to the faster 5ghz band (it's compatible).

Any feedback is welcome, thanks.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
In a way you're like me, you don't need a NAS to do anything fancy, you just need it to sit there, host files and keep its nose clean. So I'd go with a big fat Yes with that. I use a Lacie for just the same purpose.

Samd

I must start by saying I have no personal experience of this device but the DLNA server in the My Cloud is Twonky and I have read of some issues. See the following:

https://community.wd.com/t/faq-twonky-dlna-media-server-setup-use/95373

jjbomber

manicm said:
Hi Everyone, I have a Denon Heos Bar streaming soundbar and want to connect it to a NAS for music playback. Since it plays high-res and DSD etc, I just need the NAS for storage, not for any transcoding etc. Can I get away with something like a Western Digital My Cloud?

Any feedback is welcome, thanks.

I use the MyCloud. It's so simple, even I can use one. It's 2 minutes to set up. Highly recommended by me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts