Naim Unitilite Speakers - PMC DB1i, Neat Iota, Totem Mite or Totem Dreamcatcher

sid78

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Apologies if this question has already been asked across a number of forums and please bear with me as this is my first forum post, but I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on the best speaker for a Naim Unitilite which I have on order. I have identified the potential options in the topic title - PMC DB1i, Neat Iota, Totem Mite or Totem Dreamcatcher - and would appreciate it if anyone has any views on these, or any other similar small speakers in the same price bracket which might work well with my source i.e. approx £600 - £700 (DB1i would probably be 2nd hand).

Its worth mentioning that whichever option I go for these will be close to a wall, maybe even wall mounted, so that is obviously quite a signficant factor.

Thanks,

Sid

Juzzie Wuzzie

I'm a big fan of the Neat Iotas - and use them hard up against a concrete wall. The sizing was perfect for me, and they are purpose built to be placed against a wall / mounted. I think they should make the final cut.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You could try Rega RS1 stand mounting speakers (£438 ) that - despite a rear port - perform quite well close to walls.

Sealed enclosure speakers are few at this price, but the ATC SCM7s are an exception and cost just over £600. They can be used very close to a wall as well.

sid78

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your replies and the advice, the Iotas are looking like a good option at the moment, they do look good as well which keeps the wife happy too!

John Duncan

I had DB1i on the end of an original Uniti which sounded great, but as mentioned above they can sound poor in the wrong position. I'd be nervous about wall mounting them, for example, even though PMC sell a wall bracket for them.

sid78

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks John, did you get chance to test a pair of Iotas? I believe that I read on another post that you were hoping to get your hands on some? I'd be interested in your opinion on them if possible

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts