Naim Uniti 2 CD transport fault.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
jjbomber said:
But you are missing the point here Andrew. Last week you said that you had emailed the PR department at Naim. This week you are saying that it has nothing to do with them and it's up to the retailler. So why did you email PR them? Were you expecting them to do more than just wash their hands of the whole thing? Yes, I did too.

I emailed Naim to make it aware of this situation, as I said in my original response – 'I have alerted Naim via its PR to the posts on this Forum, so the company is aware of the problem.' – so that it would be able to respond via its retailers when the Xmas/New Year break was over.

And I'm not saying it's nothing to do with Naim: I'm saying that under the Sales of Goods Act your contract is with the retailer where you bought the product, and it's down to them to resolve the problem.

Now you have a response direct from Naim MD Paul Stephenson saying that it's a known problem, ie 'we have had some issues with a new mech fitted into the uniti2 this has now been resolved', and that if you contact your retailer, it 'will organise a replacement unit for you'. In other words, the 'New Nain For Old, New Naim For Old' you predicted.

Again, your complaint should be to the retailer, who is reponsible for rectifying the problem you have – the response from Paul says that when you do that, the company will ensure a remedy is forthcoming. That's far from washing his hands of the whole thing.

However, I fear you were looking for more, such as 'A free CD5i each should suffice, as we have had Christmas and New Year without our shiny new toy. Or a half price voucher to make sure we buy another Naim unit. Either one is fine; I'm not fussy!'

That you will have to negotiate with your retailer.

TRENDING THREADS