Naim System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know a good inside source (sorry I'd love to tell you guys but it would prevent me getting it) which can get me a really good Naim system! I'm talking around £5k here! I'm really no good at hi-fi at this price and I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me which amplifier Naim make which is best for under £3k-ish. Which speakers are also best for about £2k-ish and which CD-player is best for just over £1.5k-ish. Many thanks, Hughes.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]((greener with envy than Kermit))...[/quote]

The Naim colour my friend. If Kermit had a hi-fi it would be a Naim!...I know I didn't really want to say anything but I'm not sure whether the SUPERNAIT is better than one of their decent Pre/Power amp configs and the guy says I can have any configuration I want.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
SuperNait is a gem. It might not be the most hifi sounding amp at this price point but it hit you where it's count most - your spine
emotion-2.gif

match the superNait with Neat speakers and densen cd player.....the closet feeling to HiFi nirvana you will ever experience.

A

Anonymous

After a small windfall I purchased a Supernait and can say its truly excellent....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Sorry, momentary lapse of medication there I think...

[/quote]

Thanks Andrew.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Have you actually heard any of Naim's products?

I could tell you how good or otherwise the Supernait is in my humble opinion (!) but what really intrigues me is how much it would cost you to get one. Then I may be in a better position to answer that one.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]I could tell you how good or otherwise the Supernait is in my humble opinion [/quote]

C'mon mate tell us How good the superNait is?. As for me I heard them on 3 occasions and was seriously thinking about take it back home! GamuT is a lot better though :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I am not a great Naim fan, that should be well known by now.

Not because I think they are bad products, they are not, but the companies upgrade philosophy is both complicated and very expensive to the end user.

2k is a lot of money for an amp. I personally like to know that my aquisition for that amount is sound without being told that spending hundreds (or more!) on PSU's, CD players (with added PSU's of course) etc. is the only way to hear its potential.

They make a difference, but the cost involved ... The big Nait is a good amplifier. 2k? Its relative and there's a lot of choice at that price, some I prefer, some dont. I dont want to slag Naim's products off because I dont happen to like some of them but when you start to add to it, it gets uncompetitive. There are many that disagree with me but in the end, its a bit of a cult product with a die hard following. Its like marmite.

Back to the question. Would I buy it? - Not for the full retail value.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
But if you get a great deal on it and like what you hear, why not.

The S/nait is equal to the pre-power for a little bit more. Cult followers apparently say Neat is the only way to go, I can't comment on that. I've heard Naim through Totem and Dynaudio and it sounded ok.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... nearly forgot ... make sure it has been 'run in' for the customary 500 years or it won't be on-song. Darren of Clearaudio can advise you further. Have fun

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
So that was your reasons! Marketing ploy of Naims?

I heard the supernait without any add on power supply and I thought it was very very good. like I posted earlier, you can certainly buy a better Hifi amp around similar price. I heard Darren's Naims set up and I thought they were bright (I can't remember the models but it certainly wasn't superNait) however I can not stop my toe tapping. and If you ever heard high end Naim like NAC252 combo with Bi amps NAP 300 you will soon change your mind! You will be wearing Naim T-shirt, hat etc etc. (btw that was the best sound I ever heard in my whole life)

Supernait will give you more than a slice of High End Naim at a very good price and if you enjoy listening to music rather than HiFi, it's a £2 and a half grand well spend.

PS. I don't own any Naim equipments.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
... nearly forgot ... make sure it has been 'run in' for the customary 500 years or it won't be on-song. Darren of Clearaudio can advise you further. Have fun

[/quote]

Seems to me that its a bit daft to slam a company and its products just because its not within your particular price bracket.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="bluetorric"][quote user="drummerman"]

[/quote]

Seems to me that its a bit daft to slam a company and its products just because its not within your particular price bracket.

[/quote]

I did'nt and it would be but how do you know what I can/can't afford?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"] however I can not stop my toe tapping[/quote]

You need to see a doctor

[quote user="Thaiman"] and If you ever heard high end Naim like NAC252 combo with Bi amps NAP 300 you will soon change your mind! [/quote]

I have had the pleasure to hear thousands of pounds worth of Naim. Not for me but like I said, many like it.

[quote user="Thaiman"]You will be wearing Naim T-shirt, hat etc [/quote]

Let me think about that for a second ... done ... no.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
But to go back to hughes original question, if you can get the integrated or whatever plus matching cd player at knockdown price, why not. The products keep their value and you should get top second hand money if/when selling.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="Thaiman"] however I can not stop my toe tapping[/quote]

You need to see a doctor

[/quote]

emotion-2.gif

I bet you never heard any yet have you? but I totally agree on it's a matter of taste when it come to NAIM. they rock me like no tomorrow but I am sure the budget Rega amp would sound a lot better than £5K Naim according to your expert ears
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a Naim T-shirt! Bought at the show!

Well the price is very good value....I don't have to pay a single penny! : )

Okay, the Supernait is really good. Im not usually a fan of "bright" products however when they have the added advantage of having the "toe tapping" Naim timing I heard at the Bristol Show, I can't be put off! However, if I was to only have the Supernait, what inputs would I use for my Debut III and Arcam CD73? I believe my Arcam has a good DAC inside so would the anologue input be better than using the Supernait's built in DAC?

Cheers.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
by doing so you will never get the best out of the supernait. think Densen beat 400+ (or XS if you can get one) or Naim cds range....it deserve a good timing source.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

I'd say yes, use the digital input on the Supernait, and for the turntable? Well, there's always the SuperLine...

[/quote]

Enter Mr.E
emotion-21.gif

If i remember right, you did play with SuperNait at home (for the other mag) so did you try the DAC out? I never try it myself but in general this kinna thing is not much more than gimmick to make people think they getting a bargain!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts