Naim Pre-Pwd Vs Super Nait

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, thanks all for taking your time to read an replied to all my post. I am keen in whats the different between a Naim Nac 202 and Nap 200. I was wondering how does it challenge against the Super Nait? Does anyone have any experiences with this 2 amp? I am thinking of getting either one to replace my 5i. Thanks

A

Anonymous

One of the main differences is that the Supernait is all in one box and has a DAC built in and optical and coax inputs aswell as the analogue inputs.

A

Anonymous

If I remember correctly Naim pitched this as being about the same as the entry pre/power, the 112/150?
The DAC isn't as good as the CD2X, as Naim demonstrated at The Bristol Show.
What speakers will you be driving?

A

Anonymous

PS - out of interest are the digital inputs on the rear panel as well as on the front?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="darrenwm1"]If I remember correctly Naim pitched this as being about the same as the entry pre/power, the 112/150?
The DAC isn't as good as the CD2X, as Naim demonstrated at The Bristol Show.
What speakers will you be driving?[/quote]

I am using it to drive a pair of Spendor S6, beside i am not really interested in the DAC for the Super Nait. I don't really believe in all in a box solution. I am just curious how does the Super Nait hold against the Pre-Pwd set. Any feedback?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
SuperNait pre section is base on the NAC 282 which is better than NAC 202.
SuperNait will be an upgrade from the standard 5i version all the way up to Nac 202/Nap 200 imo (and ears)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]SuperNait pre section is base on the NAC 282 which is better than NAC 202.
SuperNait will be an upgrade from the standard 5i version all the way up to Nac 202/Nap 200 imo (and ears)[/quote]

In your opinion, which will be a better rig, well i had a dealer who is letting go a used set of 202/200 for a price that is pretty attractive and he is willing to take in my used 5i. Hmm basically either supernait or 202/200 will be an improvement over the 5i right?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, I reckon SuperNait is the way to go.

So given the attractive price on the 202/200 and the p/ex the dealer will offer, what's the 'price to change' in each case?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Yes, I reckon SuperNait is the way to go.

So given the attractive price on the 202/200 and the p/ex the dealer will offer, what's the 'price to change' in each case?
[/quote]

I had been offered to top up about 4.5k SGD aftter trading in my 5i for the pre-pwd. As for supernait , a new one cost bout 7+ k SGD. I think it is kinda out of my budget.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="nexski"]I had been offered to top up about 4.5k SGD aftter trading in my 5i for the pre-pwd. As for supernait , a new one cost bout 7+ k SGD. I think it is kinda out of my budget.[/quote]

So about £1670 for the NAC202/NAP200 after trade-in, against a new UK price of just over £3000? Not at all bad!

The SuperNait sells for around £2350 here, which is about £250 less than the Singapore price, so it's really down to the trade-in your dealer will offer on your Nait 5i when buying the SuperNait.

FWIW a used Nait 5i retails for around £400-450 here.

Either amplifier would be a good buy, but if you can stretch to the SuperNait I don't think you'll be disappointed.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

[quote user="nexski"]I had been offered to top up about 4.5k SGD aftter trading in my 5i for the pre-pwd. As for supernait , a new one cost bout 7+ k SGD. I think it is kinda out of my budget.[/quote]

So about £1670 for the NAC202/NAP200 after trade-in, against a new UK price of just over £3000? Not at all bad!

The SuperNait sells for around £2350 here, which is about £250 less than the Singapore price, so it's really down to the trade-in your dealer will offer on your Nait 5i when buying the SuperNait.

FWIW a used Nait 5i retails for around £400-450 here.

Either amplifier would be a good buy, but if you can stretch to the SuperNait I don't think you'll be disappointed.
[/quote]

The used dealer is willing to pay 1k SGD for my nait 5i, beside i think either one is a good advancement from 5i. So what will i be expecting after i swap to a pre-pwd setup?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="nexski"]The used dealer is willing to pay 1k SGD for my nait 5i, beside i think either one is a good advancement from 5i. So what will i be expecting after i swap to a pre-pwd setup?[/quote]

Better detail, more powerful bass, improved control of the speakers - that kind of stuff...

But I really think you should take your Nait 5i along and have a listen to the two side by side before you part with the money.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The best thing about superNait is the future upgrade (if you think you will ever need it!) all you have to do is buy NAP200 or 250 and use SN pre-out. You still have internal DACs, headphone socket and front input on your pre which NAC202 do not offer.

A

Anonymous

I had done a A/B comparison between the 5i and 200/202 and realize that the 200/202 had better control, separation and sound more lively. The used dealer had sweeten the deal by reducing the price and throw in a napsc. Once again thanks for all the advice and i am now a happy owner of the 200/202. : )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts