Naim or Roksan or....?

maccalennon

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Im in the process of trying to choose a new stereo Amp to pair up with my Sonos system and Monitor Audio Gold speakers.

Because music is played mainly from the sonos i am going to pass it through an Acram DAC.

the amp must have preouts to attach to my Av amp. Budget is about £1500.

I have heard the Naim NAit XS and it sounds good but occasionally a bit muddy where heavy bass is concerned but that may have been caused by the speakers that I heard it through.

Im also considering the Roksan Caspian M2.

Any opinions on which youd go for with my speakers would be appreciated (other alternatives also gratefully considered)

cheers

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I can not say which would go with your speakers especially as I am in process of looking to replace mine at present but I was in the same position with the Naim and Roksan and found the Caspian blew me away.I thought it was more detailed much punchier although still very musical unlike say the cyrus .
I am still very happy with mine and just looking now for the perfect speaker out of interest I am trying to audtion some gs20's and will update on here once I have.

As all will say you should try and audition both together as it is a large purchase but I found this is not an easy task, impossible in London !!

Good Luck

maccalennon said:
Hi

Im in the process of trying to choose a new stereo Amp to pair up with my Sonos system and Monitor Audio Gold speakers.

Because music is played mainly from the sonos i am going to pass it through an Acram DAC.

I have heard the Naim NAit XS and it sounds good but occasionally a bit muddy where heavy bass is concerned but that may have been caused by the speakers that I heard it through.

Any opinions on which youd go for with my speakers would be appreciated (other alternatives also gratefully considered)

cheers

The Gold series is traditionally good with Roksan and Arcam FMJ range. Heard them when I auditioned my Leema and sounded fine but there was no X-Factor.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
maccalennon said:
Hi

Should you not be using the pre-outs from your AV amp to feed your stereo amp.? Your idea appears to defeat the idea of having a stereo amp or am I missing something?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
maccalennon said:
Hi

Should you not be using the pre-outs from your AV amp to feed your stereo amp.? Your idea appears to defeat the idea of having a stereo amp or am I missing something?

Agreed.

Preouts on the amp are for connection to active sub or power amp. HT by-pass would be a more useful feature.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts