Naim HDX.

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
I have spotted a naim HDX going for a lot less than its SRP. Its a second hand unit. I was wondering whether this would be too much for my system as a replacement for my marantz, or would it make the nait sing? Your opinions would be appreciated.

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

Well it is a top notch source, so would make most systems sing. Think of it as a long term investment - it'll sll remain through many upgrades.

Thats what i was thinking. Thanks for the reply

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Pleasure
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

On the other hand a macmini plus DAC is a lot cheaper.

Also, it has a clumsy interface, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to replace the drives when they fail.

Sound-wise it will be different from your Marantz. Whether it will make your system "sing" depends what you mean by that. Given your other thread, I'm not so sure.

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:

On the other hand a macmini plus DAC is a lot cheaper.

Also, it has a clumsy interface, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to replace the drives when they fail.

Sound-wise it will be different from your Marantz. Whether it will make your system "sing" depends what you mean by that. Given your other thread, I'm not so sure.

I have been wondering that because im not sure it will alter the woes i mentioned in my other thread as you said. It wont change the inherent character of the amp but it would probably allow it to work at its best which is what i meant by sing. Not sure about the macmini thing because i dont think any amount of dacs ( not even a naim nDAC) would change the mac into an audiophile grade component, but its an interesting point about the dac route. This is why i asked for all opinions so many thanks.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
malthus80:...Not sure about the macmini thing because i dont think any amount of dacs ( not even a naim nDAC) would change the mac into an audiophile grade component, but its an interesting point about the dac route. This is why i asked for all opinions so many thanks.

wrong!
emotion-1.gif

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Craig M.:

malthus80:...Not sure about the macmini thing because i dont think any amount of dacs ( not even a naim nDAC) would change the mac into an audiophile grade component, but its an interesting point about the dac route. This is why i asked for all opinions so many thanks.

wrong!
emotion-1.gif

I stand corrected. May check this route out then. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts