Naim DAC

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Demo tonight was a success....

The Naim DAC was amazingly fast and complete. The chord however made the Naim appear slow in comparison, where the leading edge was fast in both, the Chord left much quicker. the pace and timing of the QBD made it sound so musical and natural, but the difference is sooo small elsewhere, but always better via the QBD.

The difference whilst small relative to my humble ears, was still night and day. The QBD is much much better, especially head to head. So if you like Naim and £2k is your limit, do not listen to the QBD.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
that's pretty much what i thought. the qbd does something that doesn't sound like anything else, although i wouldn't have minded if they'd put it in a ugly box and charged less.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT: ...The retail price of the QBD76 has gone up and is now £3245 (satin silver/satin black) and £3730 (brilliant silver/jet black).

Btw, the QBD76 is a stunning piece of engineering and in performance.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

hah! glad i got mine when i did!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

ok looking forward to whahifi's review of the Naim DAC.

Had to do a little reading about the chord as it looked just like a much cheaper chord dac I previously listen to at my local dealer, which sounded like rubbish but if it's 3000£ that couldn't have been it :)

Anyone here listened to the Lavry DA11 which I also have my eyes on ?

It's always possible to find more expensive and better dac's. Perhaps the wadia 521 will surpass that chord thingy :)

A

Anonymous

it may have been the Chordette Gem - £400, and is made in Asia Vs the UK made units. Completely different technology as a dac.

The Naim is well priced as it stands, and creates difference between it and the QBD, but how much will it it go with the price rises?

thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
woollyjoe:The Naim is well priced as it stands, and creates difference between it and the QBD, but how much will it it go with the price rises? thanks

The Naim DAC will continue to cost £1995 according to the latest Naim pricelist (April 2010)

So no price rise for the Naim DAC this time around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts