Naim CD5i (italic)

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I notice in the March edition this player is given 5 stars. I also notice the magazine does not mention that one of the improvements is the ability to connect an mp3 player at the front of the CDP and have a picture of the old version in the magazine. Although given 5 stars in the review it is listed as 4 in the back (like the old version). Accurate journalism!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]I also notice the magazine does not mention that one of the improvements is the ability to connect an mp3 player at the front of the CDP[/quote]

No, that's the NAIT5i amplifier.

[quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]and have a picture of the old version in
the magazine.[/quote]

No, that's the current one.

[quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]Although given 5 stars in the review it is listed as 4
in the back (like the old version).[/quote]

No, that's the old version - the CD5i not the CD5i - which we tested in November 04, as the Buying Guide listing clearly shows. As often stated, the star ratings in the back of the magazine are always a month behind the reviews. We're working on changing that when we do our next major overhaul of the database we use to 'feed' the Buying Guide, which will happen concurrently with the launch of the upgraded version of this website.

[quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]Accurate journalism!!![/quote]

Yup.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Apologies...you're right about the nait. However star rating is a little confusing as if you're flicking through the buyers guide quickly having bought the magazine for the first time you probably wouldn't notice the difference whether the i was itallic or not (and not know what it meant anyway) although I do realise the review date is given....although the review date in this case would give the impression there wasn't a new version of the cd5 to consider. I appreciate that you are updating the buyers guide to time with current reviews....essential I would say.

I ordered both the nait and cd5 before reading the magazine yesterday. They both sounded good to me compared to the rega apollo and arcam diva whatever it is.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
It was the £850 CDP. Don't get me wrong it sounded good. To my ears it just sweetened up some music that wasn't supposed to sound sweet. The naim just sounded more realistic to me.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]The Arcam Diva is a whole range of products so depends on which ones you tested to how good it will have sounded.[/quote]

Erm ... No

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts