Nagaoka MP-500

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Good evening!

I've been running a Nag MP-200 on my Origin Live Alliance arm for the last 12 months. I love the sound that this combination produces.

I just got a pay rise & bonus *biggrin*

What could I expect by replacing the MP-200 with the MP-500 (apart from being a few hundred quid poorer) Is the extra outlay worth it? I don't want to go down the MC route, so I'll *** that in the bud there, thank you very much *stop*

Nice to see upgradeitus at work again. Of course you should get a good price for the MP-200 should you sell it on.

The MP-500 is one which I have not heard but does get very good reviews and one can only assume the basic Nag sound is not going to change just improve in certain areas. If your happy with current MP-200 then I think the MP-500 is the logical next step. There are, of course, ofther brands available in this price bracket but a sudden move to something like the Ortofon 2M Black might lead to disapointment.

Should you go for it be sure to give it plenty of time to 'settle' as many reviewers say it becomes much smoother after about 30 hours (allegedly!)

You might find the link below of interest:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=479481

Think nothing of it Waxy. If you do eventually get the MP-500 please get back on with your thoughs after you have had sufficient time to 'size it up' as I'd be very interested in your opinion (as would a few other forumees I guess), it's one of the only Nags I have not heard yet. :)

daytona600

If you like the MP200 but can,t spring £400 for the MP500

try a halfway house buy a MP300 then after a year or two upgadre with a MP500 Stylus

MP300/500 Same body/generator , but the 500 better cantiliver & stylus profile

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts