Nagaoka MP-150 fitted

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
This morning I fitted the Nag MP150. An interesting experience for someone not skilled with their hands. Was actually easier than I thought. Best advice I had was from another forum about removing the cartridge tags, used a flat jewellers screwdriver to ease them off rather than pull them off with some pliers. The most difficult part was actually screwing the cart in as the Nag does not have a hole for the screw to go through but rather a side vent, means have to try and get both screws sorted at same time. Also kept dropping the nut, rather small to find on the floor. Anyway took my time over it, had the Rega protractor and some scales. Now all set up and listening to:

Kate Bush - The Kick Inside

Sounding rather good already, more detail and everything is tighter and bass more punchy. Can't wait for it to be run in!

If I can do this anyone can

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Sounding rather good already, more detail and everything is tighter and bass more punchy. Can't wait for it to be run in!

Told ya it would be good!

After my unfortunate episode with my Elicit R my first thought was my MP-110 had died so I promptly orderd an MP-200 (this was always my plan) its been running in a few days now and sounds way way better than the price suggests! A lovely cart IMO

Glad you enjoying yours, you should notice a change for the better after 10-15 hours

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
jimbofisher said:
If I can do this anyone can

Not necessarily.

Enjoy the cart. :dance:

sorry, forgot about your troubles when I wrote that. Was really meaning it's not as daunting as people think. But I was aware of people having difficulty before and took my time. Over it this morning, about an hour all told.

I am really enjoying the cart, thanks.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Jim-W said:
Hi jimbo

Is the MP150 much better than the MP 110? I like the 110 but I was thinking of upgrading.

Jim,

I can't comment on this as i have not heard the 110. The 150 replaced the Rega bias. One of the annoying issues re chaging cartridge is the difficulty in demoing. I had been doing doing some research as i had a budget of aprox £250 for a new cart. Was looking at the Dynavector 10x5 which gets a lot of potitives when combined with Rega gear. I then read a review in another mag where they tested 6 carts and the 150 came out on top. Looking at that I then saw people seemed to prefer its warmth to the rather clinical 10x5, including SteveBrock. Then saw there was a lot of love for Nagaoka generally and particularly with Rega so I took the plunge.

As I understand it the cart bodies for the Nags up to the 200 are all similar and can take any of the stylus, toy could therefore consider the 200 stylus added to your 110 body

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your detailed reply, jimbo. Much appreciated. It would be wonderful if there was a website where we could listen to a range of cartridges. I guess audio quality would be limited which would defeat the object. I love Nagoka too and much prefer its house sound to that of Ortofon.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts