NAD356BEE with Monitor Audio RX2

danHifi2014

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Last week I bought a new amplifier (NAD356BEE). It replaced the Pioneer A-30k amp.
After I connected the new amp to MA RX2 speakers I must say I heard an obvious difference.
RX2 sounds so smooth on NAD, more musical and the bass is tight now(on Pioneer A-30k the bass is boomy on some tracks). I can now enjoy a lot of songs that on Pionneer sounded a bit clinical.

But there are some drawbacks too. On NAD the midrange is recessed and I think this is why 1. the soundstage is smaller and 2. the sound is (a bit) bright, ts and sss more prominent on words. So for some songs/movies I still prefer the Pioneer sound(i can call it a clean sound)

I dont know if i should keep the NAD or return it. Do amps need burn in time? Is the NAD's sound slightly bright?

Thank you

Okay, have heard these issues before with Nad. The 355 is a very good amp, but it is bass heavy IMHO. Connected to RX2, they are also bass driven. Yes, IMHO Nad does lack transparency in the soundstage compared to other price compatible amps.

I have a theory about why the Nad maybe perceived as bright... and this is just my own take: If you have less than forgiving room acoustics, the heavy bass of the Nad can be perceived as slightly shrill, purely because the room doesn't allow for extreme frequencies.

Amps generally don't need burn in time. It's more a case of your ears adjusting to the different presentation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts