NAD seperates - New System

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Been looking quite a bit @ NAD seperates for another system i've got in mind I have been looking @ NAD C352 integrated amp and the NAD 542 CD player and would look to partner these with B&W 603 S3 or the new B&W 684 speakers. What are peoples opinions on these seperates? Also, i would look to add the NAD C272 power amp after a while as well as a seperate tuner. What i would like to know is that the power amp is rated at 150w but the B&W speakers are rated at 120w. Does this cause a major issue or am i missing something here? Ta

A

Anonymous

I quite like the Nad gear, cant help but think that there whole hi-fi range is due for an upgrade though.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="marcymarc555"]

I quite like the Nad gear, cant help but think that there whole hi-fi range is due for an upgrade though.
[/quote]

Agree. I think that an upgrade is defiently on the cards for this year, hang on if you can!

A

Anonymous

If its due for an upgrade you will be able to get the current stuff at a good discount.The 352 amp and 542 cd player are very good indeed.The amp in particular would likely be a match for similarly priced amps even now.I wish i had bought one instead of my cambridge. If they are going cheap i am having one! Not sure about the power rating though.i dont think it will matter but hopefully someone in the know will post a definite answer.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"] Not sure about the power rating though.i dont think it will matter but hopefully someone in the know will post a definite answer.[/quote]

It's 80 watts per channel at 8ohms...but due to the way it delivers the power it sounds a hell of a lot more! Lovely amp, it is what I would buy if I was in for an amp for under £500!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]It's 80 watts per channel at 8ohms...but due to the way it delivers the power it
sounds a hell of a lot more! Lovely amp, it is what I would buy if I was in for
an amp for under £500[/quote]

thats why i want one and if there are any going for £200-£250 when the new range comes out, i am buying one. I could get £250 for my cambridge and P75 power amp i reckon.The annoying this is that richer sounds were selling the nad c352 amp at the time i bought my cambridge.I do really like the cambridge but i like my music really hard hitting and punchy.The cambridge is not bad in that respect but the nad is far superior.I had not heard either amp at the time and bought the cambridge on a richer sounds staff members recommendation. I should have taken into account their cambridge audio bias.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Well Superfi offer a v good price for the NAD 352 integrated amp and the NAD542 CD player.

The main quiz question of the main post was the ampage that the NAD C272 power amp kicks out. I'd be looking to partner the C272 power amp with the NAD 352 integrated amp (eventually) but the power amp kicks out 150w per channel where as the NAD 352 kicks out 80w per channel.

The B&W speakers i'd look to match up with the system say that they require between 30w and 120w (B&W 603 S3's or B&W 684's). Will the NAD C272 power amp kick out too much power to be partnered with the B&W speakers?

Ta :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]I'd be looking to partner the C272 power amp with the NAD 352 integrated amp
(eventually) but the power amp kicks out 150w per channel where as the NAD 352
kicks out 80w per channel. [/quote]

Yes, but the power amp will only kick out what the integrated tells it to so it does not matter. If the power rating of the two was the other way round it would matter.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi mate . Just wanted to say...I got a Nad C352 and its great...my mate got the cambridge and after a test with my system its good but its just not as musical as the nad...as for power ratings the NAD is 80/ch but take it from me it kicks hard and sound great...also the nad has a soft clipping feature that protects any speaker and will not damage them...

I hav owned the nad c352 and c521bee player for a couple of years now and they are great...you will not be disapointed....

A

Anonymous

Has anyone noticed that the two newest nad products , ie the budget amp and cd pair seem to be more of a black graphite colour than the usual silver graphite colour? or is it my eyes decieving me?

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
your eyes are ok mate there is a colour change and that too suggests that a new hifi line up is about to happen...The av range has just been upgraded and the masters range has been around for a solid year now so logic would say the classic series is overdue for an upgrade..Take the C542 CDP it is now 5 years old (but still good)...Just wait a short while and then compare the dicounted price compared to the new upgraded sound to come and decide if the new sound is worth the extra dollars..Afterall if the C series sounds good to you today it wont sound any worse tomorrow..

A

Anonymous

Glad its not my eyes!!, Should be a good year for nad if the new line rumours are true.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I agree that the NAD products may be due for an upgrade soon but i dont think that there is going to be much of a difference between the classic series now and their replacements.

At this prices, amps cant really get too much better!

I feel that the NAD 352 amp and 542 CD player will give me a good system. It just deciding on what speakers to go for. I may even look to get the NAD integrated, power amp and speakers all together and keep my Arcam 9 CD player for now. Just not sure....

nads

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]Probably to bi-amp. I may look at a pre amp but not sure.[/quote]
i would not be Bi-amping them for the main reason that they do sound very different. as i found out when i tested them last year. then there is the issue of the power amp being 2 times the power.. As others have said wait or consider the C372 which is the same as the C272 (but with the controls). New products? they did add a few to theirwebby a few weeks back..... and the colour? the AV products are blackish in colour....

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
sorry to hijack this thread but i have a nad c320bee amp and recently purchased some amp jumpers for nad amps of russ andrews site

has anyone else done this as those little plasticky links on the back of the nad amps seem low quality , just wondered if people noticed any difference?

cheers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Just had a nosey at the C372 on the NAD website and Superfi - Initially it's a bit more than i was looking to pay but sacrifices can be made!

What i would like to know is that the speakers i'd be looking to match it would be the B&W 603 S3's or the B&W 684's. Now the 684's have a 150w impedence but i think the 603 S3's have 120w. The NAD C372 kicks out 150w, so is this going to be an issue with the 603 S3's?

Also, the NAD C372 has 2 sets of speaker outputs. With the other Arcam 9 amp ive got, ive got both sets of speaker outputs running QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire to both speakers. Can this be done with the NAD C372 also?

Ta

A

Anonymous

See the thread entitled "amplifier power".its still on page 1 i think. You can bi wire using both outputs.i used to do exactly that but It's been ages since i did it though so i cant remember if you use 1 set of speaker outputs for one speaker and the other set of outputs for the other speaker, or if you share the outputs between both speakers.Perhaps someone can help. Will the c372 not be a step down compared to your bi amped alpha 9's?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Fraziel

This is for a 2nd system. I'm looking to replace the Arcam set-up with either Cyrus, Roksan, Audiolab or Musical Fidelity.

Had the NAD C320BEE amp a while back and wished i hadnt got rid. Looking for a better system now for another room in my house where i can play it stupidly loud and not annoy the girlfriend!

Read that post on "amp power" very interesting and put my mind to rest!

A

Anonymous

i know the c372 has more power than the c352 but it costs a lot more too.The c352 should give you stupid volume levels, you could maybe consider it and save yourself a few quid.The C372 would probably rattle your house foundations!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My thinking exactly. And like i said, Superfi have a v good offer on @ the moment with the C352 and the C542 CD Player. I think that will be more than enough for B&W floorstanders.

nads

[quote user="Fraziel"]i know the c372 has more power than the c352 but it costs a lot more too.The c352 should give you stupid volume levels, you could maybe consider it and save yourself a few quid.The C372 would probably rattle your house foundations![/quote] Again Please LISTEN to these two amps as they sound very different. It is not just more power it is the way it gives it. It too went in looking to get the 352 and the 542 the on listening i went for the more expensive. PLEASE listen to them with the same CDP and speakers as they are chalk and cheese.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"][quote user="Fraziel"]i know the c372 has more power than the c352 but it costs a lot more too.The c352 should give you stupid volume levels, you could maybe consider it and save yourself a few quid.The C372 would probably rattle your house foundations![/quote] Again Please LISTEN to these two amps as they sound very different. It is not just more power it is the way it gives it.

It too went in looking to get the 352 and the 542 the on listening i went for the more expensive.
PLEASE listen to them with the same CDP and speakers as they are chalk and cheese.
[/quote]

ok.i have not heard the 372.I would have thought it would have the typical nad sound though although of course its going to be a better amp and not just more powerful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts