NAD seperates - New System

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Have a look on hifi forum (should still be on page 1)
headed NAD C355BEE by Cypher he shows picture of latest version of C352...Yet i note that i couldnt find it on NAD web site yet.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
To be honest i still think i'm gonna stump for the C352 and the C542 @ Superfi

Will call them this weekend and see if i can arrange an audition next weekend, or sometime before Feb with the B&W 684 speakers.

What i would like to know is that i have already got 2 x 3m of QED Silver Anniversary b-wire cable that i'd use. Is it ok to connect all 4 strands to the speakers outputs on the amp and in theory 'bi-wire' the speakers? So that would be 2 red and 2 black into 2 plugs but using all 4 connections on the back of the speakers?

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]To be honest i still think i'm gonna stump for the C352 and the C542 @ Superfi

Will call them this weekend and see if i can arrange an audition next weekend, or sometime before Feb with the B&W 684 speakers.

What i would like to know is that i have already got 2 x 3m of QED Silver Anniversary b-wire cable that i'd use. Is it ok to connect all 4 strands to the speakers outputs on the amp and in theory 'bi-wire' the speakers? So that would be 2 red and 2 black into 2 plugs but using all 4 connections on the back of the speakers?[/quote]
Yes that is correct to biwire them that way (make sure you take out the metal connector bars on your speaker though)..Im also looking at the C352 to drive BW683...Ive tried the C372 but at times i thought it was a little overbearing..

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]To be honest i still think i'm gonna stump for the C352 and the C542 @ Superfi

What i would like to know is that i have already got 2 x 3m of QED Silver Anniversary b-wire cable that i'd use. Is it ok to connect all 4 strands to the speakers outputs on the amp and in theory 'bi-wire' the speakers? So that would be 2 red and 2 black into 2 plugs but using all 4 connections on the back of the speakers?
[/quote]

yes it's fine. I have done it before.If you have outputs for 2 separate sets of speakers you could also use both sets of outputs. whatever you find easiest.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"]then there is the issue of the power amp being 2 times the power..[/quote]

maybe someone could clarify if the power amp having more watts will make a difference. i would have thought as the gain is likely to be the same, both being nad amps, and that the volume is controlled by the lesser powered integrated,that it would make no difference.Not sure though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts