biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Maybe it is only here in Aus but nad rrp prices have taken a huge upwards climb
e.g the new c375bee amp now aud$2100 up from aud$1300
e.g the m3 masters amp now aud$5999 up from aud$4000
e.g the new c275 pwr amp now aud$1899 up from aud$999

WOW thats a massive 50% price hike
I mean are these new products so much more better than the superceeded ones or are they a victim of the world recession?

A

Anonymous

I knew about price hikes in Britain because the pound is doing so poor, though how the Canadian $ and Aus $ compare I'm not sure.ÿ

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:Most manufacturers will be raising prices if they haven't already over the coming couple of months.

... then they'd better be prepared to sell a lot less.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
roger06:... then they'd better be prepared to sell a lot less.

And what choice do they have, when the Pound is down 30-60% against significant currencies such as EUR, USD and JPY?

matthewpiano

No choice at all. You can't sell something at a price which makes a loss or only just breaks even. Thats the worst business sense of all. Margins in electronics have been squeezed very tight and neither manufacturers or retailers can afford to take the weight of the present currency problems without passing price rises on.

Perhaps people will start considering the value of things rather than just the headline price.

A

Anonymous

The Euro and USD won't stay up for too much longer they will slide to, then it's a question of will the retailers adjust their prices accordingly hmm i wonder.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
roger06:... then they'd better be prepared to sell a lot less.

And what choice do they have, when the Pound is down 30-60% against significant currencies such as EUR, USD and JPY?

The only choice they (like every company in this recession) have is to adapt to market conditions or die. AV kit is hardly an essential and as it is there are many people who'd probably buy or upgrade but won't as times are tough and there are other financial priorities. It doesn't matter why prices go up - just the cold reality that the result is that less people will be able to buy.

Any company with any sense will be just trying to survive for the next year or so rather than make profit - cutting costs, cutting margins and as a last and sad resort cutting staff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts